Premium without the outrageous price tag... ITCVapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
Sorry to sound off-key, TriStar. When you said "this juice is not for me," I wanted to reassure you that it would change over time. Steeping makes a big difference with this vendor, and things I didn't like on first tryout turned very nice over time. Not everything, of course. I've tried lots of ITC stuff by now and have experimented with flavors I normally wouldn't pick. Neither of the Spoonlicker variants are my favorite flavor, but they both improved dramatically after being ignored for a while.

I guess I might have given off an anxious vibe while visualizing 120mL of juice being poured down the drain! :)

I'll admit to both of you that I've never tried any of their juices fresh from the mail. Every single bottle...and there have been many...was steeped a minimum of two weeks from receipt. I've never ordered a flavor boost, and I never would--from any vendor--without trying the straight stuff first. I've never had a soapy or perfume taste, and I chalk that up to proper steeping. I didn't like Lemon Bar very much at 2 weeks, but it was splendid when I got back to it a month later and I've since reordered it.

In the end, you still may not like what you've got. And that's plenty OK by me. The now-discontinued Munchies flavor never came around for me. I just want to advise that rushing to judgment is a mistake with this vendor, in my experience.

This was a thoughtful, well-put post, man00ver. I sincerely appreciate your input. I will happily reserve further judgement (both for this juice as well as for ITC as a whole) for the next 2 - 4 weeks while my 120ml of Spoonlicker OG steeps in the drawer, only seeing the light of day twice per day to be violently shaken. :p

I would never pour 120ml of any e-juice down the drain, especially based solely on my preliminary / FOOB feelings towards it. Should I find that once it's fully matured, this juice is still not for me, I will look to trade it on the classifieds (or PIF to one of the many good people around here who adore this juice).

Cheers :)

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
I'd be careful with those. There are numeroud reports of them autofiring, catching fire, and being pretty defective over all and eleaf wont honor the warranty unless its bought from an apporved vendor which they will not provide a list of.

I have two iStick 50w's that have been virtually flawless for me ... While there has certainly been a fair share of reportedly defective units, I would submit that it's not even close to being a majority / common occurrence (given the popularity of the device).

To view the most frequently mentioned gripes regarding the iStick 50w, I would strongly recommend anyone who's considering purchasing this device to look through the 'iStick 50w owners group' thread right here at ECF.

Reactions: tick22

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
Like most devices they have good batches and bad ones. You only really hear about the bad ones and unless you look the good stuff about a device.... Just the nature of the beast.

As for steeping, some were good right off and some it took steeping, but all got better with steeping. the only problem I had was those i tried that were not in my flavor profile that I tried and still did not like. Hey, you got to try different flavors every so often. In my case after 50 years of smoking, my buds are bad but slowly improving so what flavors i could not taste or like, have somewhat gotten better or i can taste now....

Reactions: TriStar

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
Like most devices they have good batches and bad ones. You only really hear about the bad ones and unless you look the good stuff about a device.... Just the nature of the beast.

As for steeping, some were good right off and some it took steeping, but all got better with steeping. the only problem I had was those i tried that were not in my flavor profile that I tried and still did not like. Hey, you got to try different flavors every so often. In my case after 50 years of smoking, my buds are bad but slowly improving so what flavors i could not taste or like, have somewhat gotten better or i can taste now....
+1, agreed on both points. I would submit that for no more than $50, as low as $40, and an average online price of ~ $45, you'd be hard pressed to find me a better all-around box mod in that price range.

Also, I ordered 15ml of Bananaberry Dream along with the 120ml of Spoonlicker OG. The Bananaberry was good FOOB, and I am confident it will become a mainstay in my rotation once it's fully developed / had some time to steep.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
To the person speed steeping I really suggest letting them steep on their own if you havent tried them that way already. I dont think they turn out near as good when you speed steep.

I've read that heat weakens the nic so I'm STILL confused as to why Hot but not boiling hot water is Often suggested.

I read on one of the major makers pages (SIIK, I've looked at So Damn Many recently) where they stated the usual 3 methods
and said it didn't really matter if you speed steeped or not.

Still wondering about the Hot water part though.

I used it for about 6 hrs and noticed a definite difference in the CGC on even the 3rd day or so.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I can't really help you here, but I have tried different ways and all seem to help but to me, nothing beats the old fashion let it steep in the dark. maybe i didn't do one of the methods long enough or just right, but nothing beats certain flavors from any vender after a month steep. Now, now all my juices steep for a month, I test them weekly, but most are great after 2 weeks and some it took a couple of months....

Again, taste is to the beholder and I also smoked for many years, so all this may not matter to you. laughs.....

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I've read that heat weakens the nic so I'm STILL confused as to why Hot but not boiling hot water is Often suggested.

I read on one of the major makers pages (SIIK, I've looked at So Damn Many recently) where they stated the usual 3 methods
and said it didn't really matter if you speed steeped or not.

Still wondering about the Hot water part though.

I used it for about 6 hrs and noticed a definite difference in the CGC on even the 3rd day or so.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Steeping is preference really. The purpose of speed steeping is to better blend. When juices are made fresh they sometimes settle in the mail. The purpose of warming up the juice some and shaking is to temporarily lower the viscosity and better blend the juice. If you over heat it than it will hurt the juice but if you warm it enough for it to thin out a bit and then shake it really well it better blends and will shave some time off the "foob" taste. I usually just let it naturally steep unless I am out of steeped juice- and it falls under the category of juices that need to steep first. Other flavors I like it both foob and steeped so I vape them right away and enjoy tasting the progression and maturity that aged juice provides.

Many people are subject matter experts, but even in that case there is usually more than one right way. To me, I go more on consensus and trial and error on my own taking into consideration the stuff I learn from others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I wonder if they're working on a Cinnamon that tastes good because the CinnaGram Custard isn't all that great?

Thanks to all of you who gave their opinions! :)
Here are some snapshots of the itc lounge posts related to what you are talking about. I'm sharing a snapshot of the group and post itself so you can find it yourself, too. A lot of us have been relentlessly lobbying for another cinn juice among others. I like the cgc but also would like one that is different. Cgc does shine more after a few weeks. The cinn smooths but the other notes come out more.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430438294.268021.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430438311.432954.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430438324.633942.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430438342.839042.jpg

Reactions: penguiness

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I'm way past ready for Peanut Butter Custard. With that rumored Grape flavor for mixing, if it's at all jelly-like...hard to say on that one. ITC recipes tend toward complexity, so it might be some kind of mutant grape hybrid with rhubarb, y'know. I'm sure I'll try it anyway.

OK now I have to stop imagining PBJ Custard. If there's anything worse than waiting for flavor-trials to steep, it's waiting for rumored new recipes to hit the site.

Reactions: sarahhonald

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Sarah, the dripper was just an experiment thing from the hobbyist in me. Since I had never tried a dripper before, I figured I would try one out for fun. The Mutation was relatively inexpensive and I had some ebay bucks to use.

A friend of mine told me to get the same exact battery (IPV Mini 2). I briefly took a look, and it's a tad expensive being $65. I dunno if that's counting the batteries it needs either. I'm an 8-9 watt vaper typically, so I really don't need the extra power just for a dripper.

I was seriously thinking about getting that TOBH, but there was something about it I didn't like. I think maybe it was difficult to build on or something. I'm an ease of use kind of guy.

The CGC tasted pretty good to me in some tanks and really bland in others, where I could basically only taste the graham cracker. Sad day I wanted to love that one.

You haven't steeped it enough. I really liked the forward graham cracker notes, but they went away after steeping. I only got a strong taste of graham cracker and cinnamon for the first week or two.

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
Sarah, the dripper was just an experiment thing from the hobbyist in me. Since I had never tried a dripper before, I figured I would try one out for fun. The Mutation was relatively inexpensive and I had some ebay bucks to use.

A friend of mine told me to get the same exact battery (IPV Mini 2). I briefly took a look, and it's a tad expensive being $65. I dunno if that's counting the batteries it needs either. I'm an 8-9 watt vaper typically, so I really don't need the extra power just for a dripper.

I was seriously thinking about getting that TOBH, but there was something about it I didn't like. I think maybe it was difficult to build on or something. I'm an ease of use kind of guy.
Pm me. Lol. I have extra tobh's. Trust me they aren't hard to build on, if I can build on it. My husband built my coils for the longest. I can build now but take 2-4x as long as my husband. Lol.

You are stuck in your ways- which I am by no means saying that with a negative connotation. But still- it would be versatile- with tanks too. And I prefer replaceable battery mods. Last longer. You might be surprised what you actually like once you step out. Or I will definitely hear it if you don't like it ;-) I have extra single batteries that have plenty of cycles left- I mainly use paired batteries in most my stuff.

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I'm way past ready for Peanut Butter Custard. With that rumored Grape flavor for mixing, if it's at all jelly-like...hard to say on that one. ITC recipes tend toward complexity, so it might be some kind of mutant grape hybrid with rhubarb, y'know. I'm sure I'll try it anyway.

OK now I have to stop imagining PBJ Custard. If there's anything worse than waiting for flavor-trials to steep, it's waiting for rumored new recipes to hit the site.
I know. It is driving me insane waiting for new juices. I get the inch for new juices and the wait is miserable. It will be great once they hit the site though.

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
Don't often write reviews, but on rare exception you come across business that really cares about customers. Obviously, writing here means ITC is one of those. I only talked to Luke, but he answered promptly every single of what I'm sure seemed stupid questions and made sure I get what I was looking for. They go above and beyond to make you happy and have great customer service. Couldn't be more impressed and super happy with my order.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
I guess you missed that there is a range... and that there are blends that vary... esp is some are thinned down. I would guess that some places have better and more pure vg than others some 99.7 and others 100%. Some sources of vg are better, thicker, thinner, more aqueous, less quality. I bet some are passed of as more pure than others. There is no point in me trying to convince you...LOL...but I respectively disagree. Some vg bases are thicker than others... I have quite a few friends that DIY and even talked to some local vape shop owners here in Marietta that I am friends with and asked them if they have found some vg bases to be thicker and they agreed.

Well each different brand of vg has its only weight per vol but a simple calculation like that wouldn't cause a 10% change in density. regarding your thought about miscalc with nic.

I would have to lean on the side of its a thicker vg.

No, I totally understand there is a range, I was pointing out that pure VG has only 0.3% less water in it than 99.7%. So, it can be thinned, but I think it would be hard to find it in a thicker variation. I never said it would have a 10% changes in density, I said it would have a 10% change in ratio, in the example I wrote out, if they used a VG base nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread