The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Premixing VG and PG

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by mommabird62, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mommabird62

mommabird62 squonkhead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2014
    NC
    Wanted to know if many of you do this. Thought it would simplify things if I mixed some of the PG and VG and stored it that way. I normally do 50/50 in just about all of my juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2014
    MN
    Yep all the time. With my custard I even pre mix my flavors. That way when I need to make some up I don't have to get all 5 flavors together and measure them.

• Like Like x 3
  3. mommabird62

mommabird62 squonkhead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2014
    NC
    Thanks Mrd Don't know why I didn't think about it earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

4. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I keep my base premixed. If you're going 50/50 you'll have to mix your base at 40pg/60vg or thereabouts to allow for the pg in the flavorings (depending on the average precentage of flavor in the mix)

• Like Like x 3
  5. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
  6. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Wow! It's really expensive staff! 120 ml 10 mg from them is more expensive that 120 ml 100 mg from Nude Nicotine (also a bit expensive site, but high quality nic). In terms of nic quantity they are about 10 times more expensive. I'd better find another supplier.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robert Cromwell

Robert Cromwell Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I premix my PG/VG at 40/60. Keep the premix in some 120 ml bottles for ease of use. I do not put nic in though just in case my experiment gets thrown out. And some like my tobacco I mix at a higher nic to kill cig cravings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robert Cromwell

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Yeah WOAH! $20 for 120 ml? I can get 1 quart of VG or PG on Amazon for a bit over $12 each. and enough nic there too to make 1/2 gal of premix for about $35. All USP, Kosher, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    I'll look at Nude Nic, Thanks.. Any others that sell premixed nic base? I want 12mg/ml at least 60pg/40vg. Final result goal is 9-10mg nic @ 70/30 or so. I do not want to have to mix my own PG/VG/Nic.

I know it's expensive, at MVJ, but as a newbie to DIY... I started with what I KNOW. I get most of my Juice from MVJ, because I prefer it to others. I only vape NETs. I am a long way from wanting to set up a mixing lab or an extraction lab. So I'm open to extract sources. I also use NET.com, FWIW.

10. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    I buy 100 mg nic (actually, I stocked up and not buying anymore).
    Hope other members could answer your question better.

11. mauricem00

mauricem00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    I usually premix about 150 to 300ml of PG/VG and nicotine then ad flavors to small amounts of this base mix as I need them. I also premix base flavors like bavarian cream and vanilla. this allows me to mix very small amounts of mixed flavors for testing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robert Cromwell

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I thought maybe I was the only one doing that. I keep some sweet cream, custard and Bavarian cream mixed up to add to other mixes as needed. I just put on my label something like 2 drops BC premix so I can replicate it later. And my premix bottles are labeled as to the flavoring content, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robert Cromwell

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
  14. mauricem00

Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    it is a lot easier to measure premixed flavors when you are only making 3-5 ml for taste testing. I do not mind using 2 or 3 drops of one flavor but when trying to mix flavors it more difficult to get the ratios right.with premixed flavors the measurements are large enough to make mixing easy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Essen, Germany
    Well I always premix a one litre bottle of pg and vg . I like a 65/35 mix and have a 5litres pack pg and one vg. 5litres vg are about 16€ and the 5litres pg about 27€. That's a good deal ( from a horse supplier) and so I just mix my liquids from one big bottle and put nicotine base from stored 72mg base in liquid bottles and add my base.

Like many vapors here in Germany I have stored some higher concentrated nicotine base as it's going to be regulated next year here. 72mg is as high as you can legally buy over here.

Of course, I also add flavour.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Robert Cromwell

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    DAMN! Had to order some more flavors....

• Like Like x 2
  17. Marmaduke

Marmaduke Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Essen, Germany
    Well, don't we all..... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert Cromwell

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Not too bad though bought 4 13 ml Capella flavors for 12 something including shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mauricem00

Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    well I just got an email from wizard labs telling me my wintergreen flavor just arrived so I had to order some while its in stock. but you can never have to many flavors to play with.just like you can never have to many spices in your kitchen. I think we all enjoy experimenting with different flavor mixes

20. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I have three bottles (like catsup/mustard squeeze bottles with a snap lid) - one has 50/50, another has 25p/75v and the third is all VG. My nic is VG, and my flavors are PG. I'm less concerned with my ending PG/VG ratio (but I do predominately use all VG.) I mix my flavors and my nic and then pick a bottle to top my mix. I don't have to think, other than getting the right flavors/nic at the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.