Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I'll bet more than a few REOnauts(including the Modmaster) are battening down the hatches in preparation for this monster. If all goes as badly as predicted, we might not hear from some folks for a few days due to power outages and such. After the beating the East Coast has taken this year, it just ain't fair that it continues but.....so be it.
I hope you folks keep your heads down, stay in where its warm(if possible) and come out of this to find Spring waiting on the other side. That is my wish. Good luck.:)
Roger

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
my SIL lives in Mass.

She has an apartment attached to the main house, which used to be hers, now her son, DIL and two grandkids live there, which is a VERY good thing!

I used to live there when i was young...really glad i don't now!!!!

We have a windchill of _11 till tomorrow night, but the snow's not bad. Nothing horrendous like the East coast!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Don't feel for me. This is why I live in the ADK Mountains.

Like this guy?

The-Shining-the-shining-25556953-1024-576.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

ROFL - picture this:

The temperature is -30. The wind chill is approaching -50. There's over 3 feet of snow on the ground, much of it blowing across your vision as you drive down a long, dark road, shrouded by very tall red pine trees intermingled with spruce and fir. Finally, you see a small glimmer of light. You have reached your destination - an all but deserted ADK Great Camp. You walk into the office. You see a young man sitting behind the desk wearing a long black hooded robe, with his head down. Slowly, he looks up at you. The wind howls outside the office door. All you hear is...

"Heeeeeere's Slothy!"

(This exact scenario has happened to people before, minus the "Heeeeeere's Slothy" part)

:)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
ROFL - picture this:

The temperature is -30. The wind chill is approaching -50. There's over 3 feet of snow on the ground, much of it blowing across your vision as you drive down a long, dark road, shrouded by very tall red pine trees intermingled with spruce and fir. Finally, you see a small glimmer of light. You have reached your destination - an all but deserted ADK Great Camp. You walk into the office. You see a young man sitting behind the desk wearing a long black hooded robe, with his head down. Slowly, he looks up at you. The wind howls outside the office door. All you hear is...

"Heeeeeere's Slothy!"

(This exact scenario has happened to people before, minus the "Heeeeeere's Slothy" part)

:)

I would make the journey just for that moment.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yep, you Nor'easterner's hunker down and stay safe with your loved ones.

Nothing else matters, nothing!!!
red-arrow-2.gif

Spent near have my life in the deep snow frozen Rockies, much of it not far from a place with one of the lowest temperatures ever recorded in the lower 48... back in 1985, 69 below; and a valley even closer where the prevailing wind speed was recorded at 113mpg once (not a tornado, etc). Winter white outs were common, I can remember times when sleet and snow was horizonal being pushed by 70mph winds as well, with snow drifts piled against homes so high you could walk up them onto the roof, and you sometimes had to tunnel to get out of your home. And digging out vehicles to go to work... the start of more days than not sometimes. I learned early on to always have at least one 4X4 truck, et al. Nope, don't miss the snow and cold or even the Nordic & Alpine skiing - ice skating on frozen lakes-rivers, winter camping, trap lines, etc (although I do miss the high Rockies... in the summer time). All I have to deal with here is summers pushing into the 120's, and 40+ million tourists a year. I can (un)dress for the heat... the tourists you can't beat off with a stick. Otherwise nothing I can't live with... mild winters, 1 or 2 short monsoon seasons some years, but no tornado's or hurricanes, only minor earthquakes... rattlesnakes, a few coyotes, an occasional bobcat or fox setting up residence and the ever present bark scorpions in my bungalow.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Doesn't sound like what's coming is quite that rosy, Robert.
Of course, you're getting used to it, aren't you?
I am use to it I also think the media exaggerates . Its not like we haven't seen it before . My favorite part of big snows storms is lazy people have to work a little . The more they snibble and cry like the Grinch the happier I am . Snowing and blowing I love it

You must be plowing snow non-stop
I have spent allot of time on the tractor this winter . If I wasn't so busy I would be loving it

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
80+ inches of snow in less than three weeks with none of it melting is no ones definition of "fun" around here. This has become unsafe in multiple ways. And when it comes to the records - at least around here I'm pretty sure we haven't seen this before. A week ago - before these last two additional snowfalls - down here we were already sitting at the 3rd greatest snowfall for the month of February on record - back when we were below the six foot range.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I am use to it I also think the media exaggerates . Its not like we haven't seen it before . My favorite part of big snows storms is lazy people have to work a little . The more they snibble and cry like the Grinch the happier I am . Snowing and blowing I love it

I have spent allot of time on the tractor this winter . If I wasn't so busy I would be loving it

The media does exaggerate, and honestly it's colder where I am, and likely where Rob is as well, than anywhere they talk about on the news. Does anyone around here care about cold and snow? No, LOL. Part of life here. We know what snow tires are, when to be out and when not to, and what kind of gear we need to have fun in the winter time. My favorite season of the entire year right here baby.

Edit just to say again, I DO understand why people would HATE it - especially older people as the cold takes a toll on bones etc. Around here, winter's nothing but lovely. We have carnivals and 40 foot ice palaces to celebrate winter love.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread