Preparing VG nicotine for storage...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Hi all! I have some 100mg VG nicotine base that I want to put in the freezer for storage. {This is my first experience with VG nicotine.} I have some 4 ounce blue glass bottles and the polycone caps.

-My question is: Do we have to worry about the nicotine being homogeneous in the solution before pouring since it is thicker than PG nic? Do I need to mix it somehow to ensure there are no "hot spots" in the VG? Do you VG nic folks heat it up a bit and shake or anything like that? I want to get this right the first time, and this nic will not see the light of day for awhile.
:vapor::vapor::vapor:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I'm no expert but my understanding is the nicotine will tend to settle at the bottom (oversimplified version).

I use only VG nicotine and when I store it I will let it sit, with cap on, at room temp and flip the bottle upside down. I wait 10-15 minutes and then flip it back over, slowly. I then will break it down into smaller bottles, filling almost to the top to minimize head room, and cap and freeze them. I can't say that my method actually accomplishes anything but it makes me feel better :)

I've heard of people warming and shaking it but to me this seems it would add a lot of unnecessary oxygen into solution and quicken degradation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread