The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

presentation and consultation for research

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by pantera darrel, Nov 10, 2018 at 9:54 PM.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pantera darrel

pantera darrel New Member

Saturday
    Thank you very much for the reception, I am from Argentina with very little use of the English language, but the technology will help me hahaha, I am a man of 40 years, I have been vaping for 4 years, and now I am dedicated to the sale of supplies for alchemy together to my wife Andrea. I am ministering 2 groups of vaping together with friends and I am currently developing a literary idea, with which I am investigating certain topics that I do not know at all about the beginnings of some words that we use as "custom" or "tradition".

I tell you that I am writing an essay (amateur) obviously related to vaping, experiences, anecdotes, community, etc, but I also want to include as accurate as possible information on the different topics of this world that agglomerates us. Something that I still can not find is where the term alchemy and alchemist came from for the act of making liquids to vape. who implemented it, if it comes from the Hispanic culture, etc. etc. If anyone has any input is welcome and I will tell how the small and humble "literary experiment" that I undertook.
    Greetings to all and have a good vapeo and better life
    PANTERA DARREL

• Like Like x 2
  2. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 3, 2014
    Rupert, West Virginia
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. pantera darrel

Saturday
    many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bradder

Bradder Am I Chip or am I Dale? Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 12, 2011
    North Carolina, USA
    Hello and:

Big Welcome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. asmcriminal

asmcriminal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    cali
    As a former chemist, I can tell you that "alchemy" was the attempt to turn lead into gold. People started to study matter such as solids, liquids, and gases. Alchemist turned in to "chemist."

English: But regardless, what do you want to know about vaping?
    Spanish: Pero a pesar de todo, ¿qué quieres saber sobre vapeo?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Alchemy also involved the search for panaceas, the elixir of life and, of course, the Philosopher's Stone as recently popularized by JK Rowling.

The use of 'alchemy' for vaping DIY doesn't seem to be common in English, though I've heard it from people from several other countries. It'd guess it's related to the 'chemist' definition, given that much of the mixing and measuring equipment we use could come from a chem lab.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pantera darrel

Saturday
    nothing, and on the contrary, I felt very welcome, I should have entered a long time ago hahaha, but I felt intimidated by the language, cordial greetings from Argentina

• Like Like x 1
  9. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    English is an easy language to learn, but a horrible one to master. Be kind to yourself, your command of it is excellent.

I would imagine the use of 'alchemy' in the context of eliquid would be to imply that it is almost magical in quality, produced by arcane and special processes. Potentially effective imagery if you were trying to market it.

Alchemy - Wikipedia

In Spanish
    Google Translate

• Like Like x 1