The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"Priming" tanks?

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by chess77, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chess77

chess77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Wow, I made it quite a few days without having to ask another tank question! LOL How often should you have to "prime" your tank??? Maybe I am just programmed to feel like the top of the carto has to look slushy at all times that I feel like I constantly have to prime it. After about an hour of vaping, when I pull the drip tip off it looks bone dry on the top.

2. thehangdude
    This message by thehangdude has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 25, 2012.
    Jan 18, 2012
  3. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That's a very individual question. Everything thehangdude said is true. With that in mind, I too have been "programmed" to see a saturated carto from the top, if for no other reason than you can't tell when the dry hit is coming without it. I have a tendency to treat cartos like attys, but I do evidently hit harder and longer than many people.

With tanks, though, it can be a problem to over-saturate. Some cartos can flood. Also, tanks basically are acting as a siphon, so the juice will never "naturally" rise in the carto much above the the level in the tank. By the time the tank is half-full, the carto filler 'should' look dry on top even when it is saturated to the level of liquid in the tank. There will be some wicking, but not a lot do to the self-leveling nature of a siphon.

I have trained myself not to take off the mouthpiece when using a tank. As thd said, it feeds from the bottom--directly into the coil(s)--so you should only have to prime it if you actually get a dry/harsh hit...

4. chess77

chess77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks so much, that makes total sense. This is the first time I have been using thicker liquids, and I need to get used to the top of the carto getting dry....without worrying that I am burning the thing up!!!!!

5. pwyll

Even tanks have a learning curve--though in this case it's usually learning "yes, they really are that easy."

:laugh:

6. Shel

Shel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    My Sub Mini tank is giving me tight, difficult draws after only a couple of days. My first tank lasted about a week or ten days before the draw got tight (have to suck hard to get any vapor)

Any suggestions?

I'm using pretty clear juice, 70/30 mix.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

7. pwyll

The tank just holds the juice--it's the cartos that will be affecting your draw. What kind of cartos are you using?

8. Shel

Shel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I guess I misspoke.

They are Boge 3.0's....

Not sure if you can remove the fill on these, clean and then put them back in.

Thanks!

9. pwyll

10. P0P

P0P Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    guys thanks for helping you folks are wonderful:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.