Pro Tank packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Okay, so I now have 5 Kanger Pro tanks. I obviously really like them, but I have noticed something odd with the packaging. The first 3 I bought a Vape Dojo for 19 bucks a piece. They came in a really nice box that was almost like a jewelry box with nice padding on the inside. Today I was at a place called BmoreVapes. I guess they are a brick and mortar. They sell online, but they have a store in a local flea market. They were running a special today and selling the Pro tank for 15 bucks, so I got two more. These were just in cheap cardboard boxes. The tanks look and perform the same. Did kanger change the packaging at some point? Is one kind possibly a knock off? Is it really worth someone's time to knock off a PV tank?

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I doubt it. There would be other tells. Are the heaters the same? They would be difficult to replicate precisely.

Everything about the tanks are identical, and both sets had a little hologram sticker on the seal. maybe Kanger just upgraded, or downgraded their packaging at some point.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
My guess is they probably took the nice boxes to package something else at the flea market to make it look more fancy and just stuck the protanks in cardboard they had laying around.

I can't get pictures right now, but the nice boxes were definitely made for the tanks. They cam from VapeDojo. They have that spongy stuff on the inside that had cutouts to hold all of the tank components. The outside of the box had a cardboard band around it with all of the kanger graphics on it. The band was held on with a holographic sticker. The ones at the flea market were in Kanger branded cardboard boxes, and it was interesting. The boxes were packaged in cartons of 10, just like a cigarette carton. That carton also had kanger graphics on it. The cardboard boxes were sealed at the flap with a hologram sticker.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Well, I think that have received enough positive press, evident by all the orders and positive raves, that they can drop the extra costs of packaging and increase the profit margin.

For a clearomizer, mine have performed beyond my expectations. They could send my next one in a brown paper bag and I would look twice.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, I think that have received enough positive press, evident by all the orders and positive raves, that they can drop the extra costs of packaging and increase the profit margin.

For a clearomizer, mine have performed beyond my expectations. They could send my next one in a brown paper bag and I would look twice.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Wonder how that Bag would survive USPS gorillas?

Ink Stained

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
LEXINGTON KY
Meh, got a few coming in a co op, while the boxes always get thrown in the back of a drawer, they are the first thing that I fell in love with from the pictures......Yes.....I say look at the pretty lights at christmas :) I would be willing to bet that from where you bought them, some vendors will get them in a bit cheaper in the cheap boxes and some will pay 50 cents more for the nicer boxes. 50 cents doesn't seem like much, until you are hitting 500+ MOQ and they are making an extra 250$ per sale. The vendor in turn will take that fancy box and up the price by 2 or 3 bucks, and a lot of us, knowing they are never going to use the box, will pay the extra for the fancy box. Like buying name brand cereal....yes those flapple hacks are the exact same cereal probably, but not in the box we want....Make since?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread