Status
Not open for further replies.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Hi folks! I am new to the forum so I can only post here. I have a Pro tank and love it for capacity but do not like the vape - so airy. I am going to try the evod coils. I have read that they give a better vape. Also, I have one heck of a time with my battery. Using both the ego U and the evod batteries and I have to back off the threads of the Pro tank in order to get a vape. Otherwise, if I tighten them all the way, the battery flashes and then lights up steadily and there is no vape. This is a constant issue. One or two good vapes and then it will just stop putting out much of anything until I fiddle with it again. Any help? I know this probably should be on another thread, but I am new and have to post here for the first 5 posts! :blush:

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
If you screw the pro tank to your mod and then put a hair tie at the base where it meets the mod it really tightens up the draw. I read that on here a while back and gave it a go and made a world of difference.

sorry to be dense but by "hair tie" are you talking about a ponytail holder? I am confused. Lately I live in the state of Confusion. I think my brain doesn't know what to do with all the oxygen it gets now that it isn't clogged with the 1000s of chemicals from analogs! I am picturing a "scrunchy" wrapped around the air holes in the Pro Tank. It might look a bit goofy, but there are lots of colors to choose from! :laugh:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
...Using both the ego U and the evod batteries and I have to back off the threads of the Pro Tank in order to get a vape. Otherwise, if I tighten them all the way, the battery flashes and then lights up steadily and there is no vape...

I'm not completely sure with the batteries you mentioned, but a flashing or steady light may indicate a short. During manufacturing (or rebuilding) the positive coil lead in the EVOD and Protank head is bent over the bottom of the insulator gasket before the bottom post is pushed in. If that lead is sticking out, it may contact the side of the base, causing a short. It will be aggravated by tightening or even wiggling, which causes the gasket to be compressed.

Take the head out and turn it between your fingers. If you feel sharp metal sticking out, try to push it back in flush with the gasket. You can also use a pair of fingernail clippers to trim it (thanks to heateris for that suggestion).

sssundog31

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Lodi ca
I found that if over tighten the base of the Pro Tank { where tank and base meet ) it will not work so I leave it somewhat loose
As for the air draw I use the silicone protector that comes on top of the tank and cut it to fit inside the of the Beauty Ring .
if I tighten up the Beauty Ring it will give a harder draw
PS,, make sure your coil tight inside your Pro Tank ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i'm a noob only vaping for a week and off cigs for 5 days so im no expert

vape.jpg

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I ordered the air flow regulator from madvapes (along with other stuff, of course!). I took my Pro Tank to my go to vaping gurus at VaporLeaf yesterday and was my face red :oops:! I was careful to make sure the coil was tightened because that was my very first oops with my evod. Well, it just really wasn't tight enough. He tightened it and now I can snug the adapter as well as the Pro Tank to the battery with NO problems of the battery shorting out. So far, so good. It is working with my eGO and my Kanger batteries. Thanks for all the help here. Lots of great advice and I know way more than I did a couple days ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread