Pro tank three flush drip tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
Does anyone know of a website online that has a similar drip tip? It needs to be wide bore so that it can be flush with the Pro tank three mini.

I actually don't care about the material as long as it's not acrylic due too liquids. I don't care because I'm looking for all kinds, whether it be glass, copper, or stainless steel.

Note: I have done several searches on this website for this question and have not found any, if there are any existing threads on the specific problem, let me know.

Note two: I am using a voice to speech so if there's errors, forgive me.

Reactions: thetrucker

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
I'm aware of Fastech's brilliant Tip selection, but I am not sure of how to find the specific dimensions of the mini PT3. For example, take an Ego battery, screw the pt3 on. It's a solid rod, unless the tip is on, then it has a nipple-esque point, is there a way I can find a tip the exact diameter as the pt3 mini, so that from the bottom of battery, to the opening it is flush?

I also did a search on vapefly and no dice.

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
Addition: Even the Subtank Mini (black) drip tip does not sit flush along the diameter.

If it can be seen, I am looking for a straight tip, no design. Just flush in diameter without any groove/curve design meant for the lip so frequently seen in acrylics.

I've done searches for the exact diameter, and all I get back are the bases being flush, not the base to the tip. They are all designed to form around the lip and end more narrow than the base.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
Not quite, say a 23mm tank, on a 23mm diameter mod. It would be flush as the Subtank mini on the iStick 50w.
As would an ego size tank (PT3m) on an ego battery. Once you add the stock tips to each device, they lose their original exact equal dimensions. For example, if the subtank mini and the istick 50w are 23mm, both equal, they are flush. When you add that drip tip to the subtank, it loses it. It goes from 23mm to 13mm (I think.) when I place the subtank's tip onto my PT3m, it gets very near a perfect cylinder, but not quite, there is still loss of the full ego diameter.

If I knew a proper way to search, it'd be easier, or even if they had a website or a section dedicated to full flush diameter drip tips paired with tanks.

Examples

Notice where they have their stocks, they're far from flush, and when the Subtank tip is placed on the PT3m it is very near but not exact.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 21

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
Yes, so that It has a solid rod asthetic, not a solid rod with a narrow tip. My local shop has one, but it is alum/glass, and I was hoping for options. Basically a pipe, without rounded ends, pipe as in like a metal tube. They have tube mods that go with large attys flush, and egos that go with small Attys flush, why not extend that with a drip tip. I understand that I can simply use the PT3m without its tip, but there is no fun in that.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I see now what you want----------I understand----------ah-------you want the same diameter from the pro tank all the way to the end of the drip tip without any change of size.

14.2875--mm at base and end of tip also 14.2875--mm------ok must be a solution to this somewhere----interesting. I wouldl look for a metal tube and epoxy a base from a normal tip---into

the end of this tube that you found. When dry you can insert the tube into you protnk3-----use a dremmel tool sometimes helps.

will look for this sort of thing myself---it is an interesting concept...........thetrucker

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
If you could get a broken pro tank 3 mini------or one you could sacrifice------------take the base off the cheap mini you can sacrifice and use drummel tool

grinding or small file and cut base from a cheap plastic drip tip and modify it and epoxy the plastic base into the protank mini base and insert the thing into the end of protank

3 mini...........the base of the sacrifice mini protnk is the exact size of the mouth piece end-------grind and drill to modify the base of each one and this would give you

a perfect fit................the diameter of the protank 3 mini is nine/sixteenths---and in mm this comes to 14.2875------ and so 14 mm drip tips will be just a little small for

your wishes............sometimes you just have to create it yourself as a lot of stuff is not made for our liking---hahahahahah

ps.--you could use any of the mini pro tank parts to adapt for a tip not just the base.

sometimes you may have a broken or cheap mini that you could use for parts.......

Last edited:

Dipper926

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
North Carolina
That actually sounds like a wonderful idea taking the base of a pro tank three mini, and hollowing out, and adding a 510 port with an o ring. I wonder how that would work creating a 510 drip tip connection to attach to the base of a pro tank mini. I know nothing about Tool working so, in order to get into Clapton's I'm going to have to even figure out what type of drill to use.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
you could experiment with this ----find cheap plastic drip tip and protank base as in pic 1

Then as in pic two----take out the coil head.

Then as in pic three cut base off plastic drip tip and epoxy it into the hole of protank base.

...........just an idea-----I bought a 10.00 drummel tool and have the ability to grind and cut on these small parts.

Harbor Freight has these 10.00 drummel tools with a starter bit set not a bad idea --use mine all the time.
protankBase1.jpg
protankBase2.jpg
protankBase3.jpg

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
That actually sounds like a wonderful idea taking the base of a pro tank three mini, and hollowing out, and adding a 510 port with an o ring. I wonder how that would work creating a 510 drip tip connection to attach to the base of a pro tank mini. I know nothing about Tool working so, in order to get into Clapton's I'm going to have to even figure out what type of drill to use.

Use drummel tool to grind small amount of metal from base and use drummel cut off wheel to slice off base of plastic

drip tip-------get epoxy glue from hardware store the two part glue that you mix together----get the grey color it sets in 6 minutes

I have tried 3 types but this works best-----5.99 for epoxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread