The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Probably for the BILLIONITH time!

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by ANONeSKILLZ, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ANONeSKILLZ

ANONeSKILLZ Full Member

Jan 10, 2013
    NYC
    Hi all!

I know everyone here has probably asked or has been asked this question.

I'm currently using a ego twist with a kanger t3 and love it, but am thinking of upgrading to a mod. I'm wondering what (if any) recommendations do the vapors on here have as far as which mod to get. I'm interested in those that have upgraded from what I am currently using (but all input is welcomed). I'd like to upgrade everything, the ego and the kanger. So those with the perfect setup (I know its all subjective) that has anything to recommend, please help me out.

Again, prefer the input of those that used the ego twist and kanger t2/t3 and have found a better system. But all are welcome to helping me find vaping bless!! lol

2. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    well, with the setup you have, the next evolved step, is a Z-Atty Pro on top of a Provari....
    if you dont want to jump into rebuildables just yet, stick to your kangers , or get a carto/tank setup.
    more capacity, longer run times.....

or you can go the mechanical route... lots of threads discussing pros/cons of a mechanical....
    I personally chose the mechanical +genesis tank setup.

either way you go dont cheap out, buy right or buy twice.

3. KraKsX

KraKsX Moved On

Dec 17, 2012
    Lower NY
    [​IMG]
    Everything is in the order I got it, to give you an idea for upgrading.

PV:
    Ego
    Ego twist
    Robust
    Ego v
    EVic
    Vamo
    Provari
    IHybird

Delivery device:
    Stardust
    Pheonix reborn
    Vivi nova
    F16
    Custom Phiniac
    Aga T
    Raven
    IHybird

[i have t3's too, but I dislike them, so they didn't make the picture]

4. BostonVape

BostonVape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    BeanTown
    wow man.. all that in 3 months of vaping? and I thought i was addicted lol.. I need to step my game up a bit!

5. BostonVape

BostonVape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    BeanTown
  6. SirSteve

SirSteve Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Money comes into play, if you are on a budget, VAMO or Sigelei ZMax are good. If you can swing it, the Provari would be nice. Of course their are many others in between. You also have to consider batteries and a charger in the budget.

As for delivery systems, you could try rebuildables, I just got my first, an AGA +. The Kanger pro tank is glass, and it is popular, IClear 30 seems to have a following also. I have T2's, MT3, Vision Viva Nova, carto's, carto tanks, the new AGA +, they all seem to have a place for me.

The one thing all the delivery sytems and APV's I have mentioned have in common, they all have people who like them, and they all have people who would rather not use them, so no one answer fits all. Good luck, and happy vaping.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I really like my ProVari with of all things, a vivi nova tank. I use it slightly more than I do my eGo Twist with Kanger MT3. The biggest difference between the two, is that when I knock the ProVari onto the ground, I don't check it for damage (the tank, yes, the mod, no). Each has their place in the grand scheme of things. I've done the rebuildable atty thing, and I keep one AGA-T full of Pluid, and the other AGA-T Plus is a backup.

Most of the juices that I use were made for silica wicked/dripping attys, and don't really benefit from stainless steel mesh Genisis setups.

8. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Most definitely a VAMO. Power regulated variable wattage is better than variable volt. 5 amp switch allows you to use any head on the market. Batteries are 2 - 3 times less expensive than ego batteries. It cost $40. There is no other model in this price range that does all of this that I am aware of.

VAMO Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

A PBusardo Review - The Vamo - YouTube

9. shaike

shaike Full Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Malaysia
    I started off with an itaste with vivi novas, udc tanks. Then got the Natural which is a mechanical mod. I now recoil new wicks for the vivi novas. Next up would be either the evic or vamo and Aga T.

10. BuzzKilla

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    uuuuuh, what?

if your juice doesn't taste good on a SS wick, you are doing something wrong...
    There is no such thing as SS/silica specific juice.

11. ANONeSKILLZ

ANONeSKILLZ Full Member

Jan 10, 2013
    NYC
    thanx for the reply all!!

Money really isnt a issue for me, so im guessing most of you would lean towards a ProVari??
    As far as the kanger t3, i actually love it, works wonderful for me (i've been using the same one for two months straight and have only cleaned it once, now thats awesome!) but i'd love to enhance my experience if at all possible.

12. BuzzKilla

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    Provari is a solid mod, with a good reputation. you will even find a cult of followers who will stand behind it, lol.

Keep using your T3's if you enjoy them.
    Do some searching into rebuildables, MANY out there, they all do the same thing, so pick what you think looks good....
    If rebuilding isn't for you, The T3's will serve you well.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/
    start your search here.

13. Dansauls

Dansauls Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    Athens, Al
    WOW ..... I have run a lot of juice threw my tanks and attys and have never heard of juice made for silica wicked/dripping attys.
    Where are you getting this juice from? I would like to try some......must be some good stuff

14. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
  15. p-doze

p-doze Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    United States
    natural mechanical w/vivi or mininova

16. cherrycakes

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    I mean if you have $200+ to spend sure, buy a provari.
    but I got my vamo for $40.

17. Scoop224

Scoop224 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2012
    Cincinnati
    For around $75 you can have a VAMO with a battery topped by an AGA, and be blowing CLOUDS!!! That is by far the best "bang for the buck" I've seen since beginning vaping.

Or you could spend a grand on each device and get the same vape.

So which is it? Budget minded....or......Bragging Rights?

18. p-doze

p-doze Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    United States
    IMO, if the only barrier to entry is being able to afford it, it isn't worth bragging about.

wasn't trying to put down the owners of expensive equipment, but just owning an expensive piece of equipment does not an expert make.

19. cherrycakes

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    Ok well >I< love my vamo and vivi nova.
    I'm sure the provari people love their provaris.
    IF I had the money to blow I'd probably buy one too.
    but as it is I have 50 million other things I need that money for
    and yea yea I get it it's an "investment"
    w/e I'd probably break the damn thing and be out 200 bucks lol

20. BuzzKilla

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    It's not about being budget minded, or bragging rights....

Unless a person has had enough one-on-one time with a mod, their opinion of said product is meaningless.
    You cant say two products are the same, or that ALL VV mods are the same, if your experience is limited to one mod that you've probably only owned for 2 months...

You are entitled to to like and be satisfied with your current mod, and express those feelings.
    But dont down-talk a product you've never actually used. That's just ignorant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.