Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
uuuuuh, what?

if your juice doesn't taste good on a SS wick, you are doing something wrong...
There is no such thing as SS/silica specific juice.
Each juice manufacturer makes his/her juice according to their own taste. Jerry at Aroma Ejuice uses dripping attys. When I vaped some of his lighter flavored tobacco WTA juices through a Genisis, the flavor vanished. Same thing with Backwood's Brew's Malty Toffee, which was made for cartos. Pluid and 710 and several other juices taste great in a Genisis, though I have to add a tiny bit of alcohol to Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice (100% VG Juices) to make them wick well in a Genisis.

WOW ..... I have run a lot of juice threw my tanks and attys and have never heard of juice made for silica wicked/dripping attys.
Where are you getting this juice from? I would like to try some......must be some good stuff
Like I said above, Aroma EJuice. I got some stronger flavors, and I plan to give them another try in the Genisis systems, I just haven't put fresh coils on my wicks after my last complete teardown and cleaning of all my genisis attys. :)
...but Beetle Juice, Sahara, and Turkish Blend all lost flavor when I ran them through the Genisis. Menthol P-38 and G.I. Joe have quite a bit more flavor, so I'm hoping they will be the exceptions.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
If your wick isn't wicking the juice in a geni, you are not using the right wick, try something different.

you can vape any juice on a rebuildable, you just have to set it up properly....

just because a juice manufacture prefers a certain setup, doesnt mean that, that is how you have to vape it.

welcome to the world of customization :)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
If your wick isn't wicking the juice in a geni, you are not using the right wick, try something different.

you can vape any juice on a rebuildable, you just have to set it up properly....

just because a juice manufacture prefers a certain setup, doesnt mean that, that is how you have to vape it.

welcome to the world of customization :)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/375999-wire-rope-wick.html
I'm looking into this. Sounds like an interesting "twist" in the rebuildable world. :D

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I've looked into that, but i am pushing away from early adoption to new ideas.
from ceramic rope, to glass tubes, and air-stones... I've stocked up and thrown out more than i care to share...

It look promising, but i'll leave it to the willing... I still have about 6 square feet of 500 ss mesh to go through... lol

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
thanx for the reply all!!

Money really isnt a issue for me, so im guessing most of you would lean towards a ProVari??
As far as the kanger t3, i actually love it, works wonderful for me (i've been using the same one for two months straight and have only cleaned it once, now thats awesome!) but i'd love to enhance my experience if at all possible.

I have most of the mods that have been mentioned on this thread including the Zmax, the Vamo, a couple of provari's, a Natural, egos, ego twists, vision spinners, a lavatube, and a few others. I've also experimented with many different juice delivery devices including stardusts, cartos, carto tanks, vivi novas, vivi novas rewicked with a variety of materials including stainless mesh, bamboo, and cotton, Igo-Ls, AGAs, DID clones, and a Zen Atty Pro (ZAP).

Of all of these, all of which I still have, my goto mods are: Natural with Aga-T wicked in stainless with 0.8ohm coil; proVari with ZAP wicked in stainless with 1.6 ohm coil; Vamo with Aga-T wicked in stainless with 1.6ohm coil. The natural is great when I've got a fresh battery handy, but batteries drain pretty quickly, so its a bit of a pita. I really only use it at home. The proVari and Vamo go with me pretty much everywhere. I like the proVari with ZAP a bit better for first timers, as its far easier to learn to build a coil on than the Aga-T. The proVari/ZAP is much better built than the Vamo/AGA. I also notice that the proVari is probably just a touch more consistent than the Vamo. Point of this being, is I like the proVari/ZAP better than the Vamo/AGA, but I also spent about $300 on the proVari/Zap through the classifieds here on the forum and I got the Vamo and Aga-T for $65. There is no way in hell that I will get rid of the proVari/ZAP now, but the vape is nearly identical between the two setups so if I need to choose again between buying a proVari versus a Vamo, I would buy the Vamo.

Whatever you do, go with an RBA setup. The flavor and vape is much better than with any of the other juice delivery systems I have tried. Definitely don't bother with a mechanical mod and vivi nova like suggested above. A mech mod shines with SLR RBAs but with anything else (e.g. vivi novas, cartos etc.), regulated devices are the way to go.

TomD

Mar 13, 2013
MA
what are you looking to spend for $? obviously provari is what you want..
if not looking to spend that much, zmax is a solid piece and 60$ which is a steal: Sigelei Brushed Stainless V2 ZMAX Variable Power (adjustable wattage) VV APV

Bostonvape, I can't tell what this comes with on this site? I was JUST going to post this same thread but did a search first. Ready to order my first mod. Can you tell me if this comes with battery, charger, etc., and if not, what you recommend from this site?

Also, does it accept an ego connection or do I need an adapter?

Thanks

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Bostonvape, I can't tell what this comes with on this site? I was JUST going to post this same thread but did a search first. Ready to order my first mod. Can you tell me if this comes with battery, charger, etc., and if not, what you recommend from this site?

Also, does it accept an ego connection or do I need an adapter?

Thanks
Until Bostonvape gets back to you, I'll do my best to answer your questions here.
It does not come with batteries or a charger. It will accept most eGo style atomizers. I do not know if this has the same kind of drip well as the Vamo. If it does, then Kanger T3's will not fit. almost all other clearomizers should fit though.

TrustFire TR-003 Lithium ion Battery 4 Channel Charger(US/Euro/AU/UK) This is the same battery charger I own. It's not top of the line, but it is decent and will charge 4 batteries at a time. It also takes most sizes, ranging from 18350-18650's.

If you don't want to spend that much, this one will also work. TrustFire TR-001 Lithium ion Battery 2 Channel Charger It will charge 2 at a time.

Joyetech Joye 2200mAh Unprotected 18650 Li-ion Battery 18650 batteries. I have these. They work well with the Vamo, and because they are not button tops, they don't work with my ProVari. I'm pretty sure they will work with the Zmax. You will want to buy at least two.

IMR 18350 Battery - Lithium Ion - SMOK Tech - 750mAh These state that they will work in the Zmax. If you buy these instead, you will need to buy 4. They are used 2 at a time in the mod. I don't recommend using stacked batteries, but many people do use them.

You probably don't need an adapter, but there are benefits to using one. The biggest being that it will keep juice from leaking into your mod's atty connection. Ego / 510 adapter (Kanger adapter for VAMO) The other benefit is that many clearo's seperate into two pieces at the bottom and due to the recessed drip well, it's easy to unscrew your clearomizer, thinking that you are taking it off of your mod, when in reality, you just opened the tank on your clearomizer and got e-juice all over you and your mod.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread