Probably Going To Get Flamed But Here Goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
For the past four days now I have been trying to place an order. Maybe I have just been unlucky when I go to check, but it always seems like the same ole song and dance - order capacity reached, BB and GJ taken offline, etc etc. I haven't placed an order with AV for quite some time now, but only because my beloved BB and GJ just never seemed to cooperate well with any of the cartos I once used. Just recently, I have totally changed all of my vaping habits and gear and was really wanting to see how well I could get BB and GJ to preform with my new DCT's and cartos, but alas...I can't even order it.

I'll be the first to congratulate AV for their success; so much in fact it appears impossible to keep up with the masses. Maybe I am just spitballin here and correct me if I am wrong, but in logical terms seeing as how much growth AV has had and how much demand there obviously is for their products, wouldn't it be prudent to maybe hire on some more staff (and maybe even uber mass stock whatever ingredients it takes to produce what appears to be the top seller's) to ease the traffic and not have to turn away customer's at the door, and/or expect them to sit at their computer's and constantly hit the refresh button in hopes of getting an order through before either the products sell out or the closed sign pops up? Even as I write this post, it is now 10am PST and the closed sign is still in the window. What good is a sale if the store is always closed and/or out of stock?

Just as the title of this thread reads, I am sure there are going to be flames from all of the AV superfans and brown-nosers looking to score points with Porphy, and that's alright. That's to be expected. But there are also those who are going to come to this forum for answers after failed attempts to place orders on the website and read this post and go 'yeah...what gives AV?'. Just a week ago, a really good buddy of mine got into vaping. I was so happy for him and excited to share with him all the knowledge I have accumulated over the year and a half I have been vaping. One of the first things he asked me was where to get a really good knock-your-socks-off tobacco ejuice, so of course I told him about BB. Three days later I get a call from my buddy..."Hey dude, did that AV place go out of business or some :censored:? I have tried for the last few days to place an order and I keep getting an access denied. Bummer...". I don't try an presume what AV's overall goals are for the future, but I do know it does involve having customer's. A lot of people (especially people just starting out on vaping) are very nervous and reluctant to order ANYTHING online, and when a company displays unreliability from the get-go, it sure doesn't inspire strong confidence for the long run.

Anyways, there's my :2c:. If AV is struggling to keep up, I hope the issues will get resolved before too much damage is done because the products have always been superb.

Okay...ready, set...FLAME AWAY! :evil:

ben62884

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Illinois
I was just about to post a new thread asking about their hours/days they are open. I'm completely new to vaping, and as of a couple days ago was finally able place an order for the other popular bounty hunter from another vendor, and I'd also like to try Boba..... the thing is, I can never find the sweet spot to the AVE site. I set my alarm HOURS before my usual wake time (I'm 3rd shift) and although I've been screwing up my sleep schedule in order to try getting my hands on juice, I seem have no luck. Every time I visit the site it's closed! I'll get up at 8am PST and stay up for an hour to refresh the site, to no avail. Is there a trick to get this site working or what?

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I will not flame, but I will defend, surely. Not to score brownie points with Ben, Christie and others, surely if you knew me, you'd know that I could care less what anyone thinks of me.

No, I defend these folks because I empathize with their situation. Don't you think that if they could keep the store open 24/7, they would? I mean seriously, as the previous poster said, it's not hard to look at a couple of threads right here, and see why it is that they're currently running a little behind.

But, I will not go on to explain it in detail, as it is not my business or responsibility to placate every disgruntled customer. No, thank the heavens that it isn't me that has to deal with it. I understand your plight, OP, and I hope that you get some Ave soon.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
If you look at the web site, it says Ben has been admitted to the hospital because of his "ticker". I wish Ben the best of luck, and hope for a speedy recovery!!

I saw it on their site and came straight over to wish Ben and Christy the best and hope he has a speedy recovery. Take the time you need to recover, Ben.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
There is no defense for a retail company that fails at point of sale.

Why? Because this is America, land of the Capitalistic mind-set? Where the only thing that should matter when operating a business is the ability to make sales?

My defense isn't on an inability to keep up with demand, mine is one of humane practice. Understanding that yes, these people are my primary vendor for a mixture of nicotine liquid that I enjoy and use, but they're also human beings as well. Everyone has their limits. If it were to a point that I couldn't get this liquid that adore, then yes, I might be irate, to an extent. But I will first try and understand why it is that I don't have access to the product before creating yet another thread over the same issue that has been discussed in many other threads.

Once again, I do not presume to speak for anyone at Alien Visions. Heck, Ben would probably detest the fact that I typed this, simply because he IS for customer service and wishes to make everyone happy, all of the time. But I, as I'm sure he, knows that this just cannot be the case 100% of the time. Speaking of which, time, that is all they need. A little more time to get up and running, and all of this can cease, and everyone will be happy again.

Meh, now I'm ranting. Feel better, Ben. The more I read, the more I respect what you do. Some people aren't cut out for this game (retail), I know I am not one of 'em.

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
If you look at the web site, it says Ben has been admitted to the hospital because of his "ticker". I wish Ben the best of luck, and hope for a speedy recovery!!

I just checked the site and read this as well and I must admit that I now feel like an insensitive ... for starting this thread. Bad timing to open a debate. :(

I will refrain from responding, debating, and/or defending the topic of this thread out of respect for Ben and his family in this trying time. You all have bigger things to deal with than gripes. Get well soon...

-God bless

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
They have recently moved and were completely closed for a few weeks. It caused a backlog of demand hence the problems. Not defending, just providing some facts that are not difficult to find in their forum thread.

They were having these issues before they moved. I see no sign it's going to get better, and I"m pretty much being forced to find another vendor, since I can't order from Avejuice.

Bowtie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South of Heaven
They were having these issues before they moved. I see no sign it's going to get better, and I"m pretty much being forced to find another vendor, since I can't order from Avejuice.
I'm sure glad I have never had problems ordering from AVE. I just don't get it. I must be really lucky, because I'm not that good.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
Give AVE juice a break people, break out of the "Walmart" mentality. they are a small company doing the best they can, and they do a pretty darn good job! Take a step back, stop tripping, take a deep breathe and be patient. AV has limited resources and are overwhelmed with business, not to mention a health issue now, and you just can't rush e-juice. It needs to be made with care and precision and it takes a long time build the proper facility and staffing to meet their great demand. Just my thoughts.

BOBA'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Let's also temper that with, letting people come here with any complaint and with the feeling that they can express that complaint. This is the importance of this forum to us as a business, we wouldn't pay ECF the money to hold a forum for us if it weren't so.

It's stressing to people, especially consumers when they have an issue that isn't being addressed. Let's make sure that this is always a place to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread