Problem with 510 connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
I have a slight problem here my friends. I have been using 901 atomizers for the longest time, but when I pulled out my 510 atomizers from vaporkings, they don't fit right into my GGTS!

I feared the threads were stripped, but the re threaders I have both fit and a 510-901 adapter I have from goodprophets fits.

I read that some atomizers (I thought they were the super cheap ones from China) might have a problem fitting, so I ask of you. Have any of you had this problem? Is it just the atties? I think it is, but that makes me sad, since the atties from vaporkings are some of the cheapest around.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
The weird part is, the atomizer slides into the GGTS, but it doesn't screw in (which is why I feared stripped threads). It is almost like the atomizer is thinner/smaller than normal and it will fall right out. It looks like when Imeo had the 510 atomizer in his GGTS video and it wiggled and moved around after he unscrewed it a bit. But the atties don't screw in at ALL.

rj1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
cincinnati
If you got the bulk atomizers from vaporkings they are real authentic joye attys and you shouldnt have a problem with them fitting. I buy from vaporkings all the time and have never had a problem with there atomizers... You might want to contact rob at vaporkings and see if he'll exchange them for you? He might! He's a pretty nice guy and they have great customer service!

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
You have probably already done this but just in case.

Pull the pin down as much as possible without pulling it out and try to put the atty on. I have noticed that on my GGTS some of my attys don't really tighten till they are in all the way and if the center pin on the atty sticks down to much I have to fiddle with it.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
I would do that if they weren't the last two I have out of a ten pack! I bought these atties a while ago (when I still had an eGo!), and have already got more than my money out of them. I don't doubt rob, he is my go to guy for atomizers! I am actually trying to get an extension sleeve right now, so I plan on buying 10 of his 5 ohm HV901 atomizers and using them at 7.4 volts with two 18650's!!!
I am going to get my dead atty jar and start seeing if some of THOSE fit. I got a few from all over in that jar :D. I only have to wait a few hours. I probably should have thought of that. I just want to see if it is 510 atties in general (but I don't think it could be, since the adapters and re threaders fit!).

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
You have probably already done this but just in case.

Pull the pin down as much as possible without pulling it out and try to put the atty on. I have noticed that on my GGTS some of my attys don't really tighten till they are in all the way and if the center pin on the atty sticks down to much I have to fiddle with it.

Yeah, I have tried that, but it didn't work. I am not too worried, since I use 901's, just wanna figure this out.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
I'll buy the broken one !

Lol! It works Para! The only problem with it is that 510 atties wont go into it. The rethreaders work, so the 901 atties I use are good enough for now. I will fix the GGTS, hopefully before it becomes a problem.

Which means that you could get the cap when I get the new one, cause I see how you repair parts and I love your work!

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You will buy is for 10 euros shipped, thats my waranty psycho:)
Okay, thanks Imeo! I will probably end up doing that when I get extra cash on hand, lol. I'm not too worried right now, since I like 901's, but I kinda wanna try the 306 atties. Ah well.

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
Where do we buy for 10 euros?
Through Bruce? COV?

Talked to Bruce and asked for him to send a picture of a Nickel Connector on a Aluminum section of GGTS and this is what he sent.

9e6a4042.jpg

I asked if this was Nickel or Steel and have not heard back as of yet.

Does anyone else have a replacement nickel connector that is smooth like this?

Also this is a little off subject but I tried to put my Aluminum Collector tank on my SS connector and it will not go on. It starts to thread but it seems it bottoms out half way down the O-ring.

Has anyone else tried to do that? Did you get it fully on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread