Problem with DIY and choking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings!
I've been doing DIY for about a year or so, with many different flavors from many different companies.
However, for about the past 5 months, recipe creation has come to a stop for me, and here's why:
Every new recipe I make makes me choke; even pure vg/pg makes me cough now as well.

I've been making a flavor with flavorwest razzleberry and sour for a long time, and never get that coughy/choky feeling, and I take deep lung hits from my rda.

Why is this happening?
Thanks!

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
That doesn't make sense, i.e. pure VG/PG makes you cough but not one of your old recipes(which includes VG/PG)...

Try to mix that recipe again with your current base elements and see if it's not the same...

I just think you need lower power and/or lower nic... Not very likely, but it could also be bad PG/VG...

If you get it with all new testings of recipes, then it's not a single flavor issue, but can then only be, as said, above, to high power and/or nic(or bad PG/VG)...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Greetings!
I've been doing DIY for about a year or so, with many different flavors from many different companies.
However, for about the past 5 months, recipe creation has come to a stop for me, and here's why:
Every new recipe I make makes me choke; even pure vg/pg makes me cough now as well.

I've been making a flavor with flavorwest razzleberry and sour for a long time, and never get that coughy/choky feeling, and I take deep lung hits from my rda.

Why is this happening?
Thanks!

What has Changed since you 1st Started doing DIY.

New Nicotine Base?
Flavorings from a Different Vendor?
New e-Cigarette Hardware?

Reactions: SteveS45

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Yeah, that was the reason I stated it didn't make sense... From the post, if pure VG/PG does it, but one of his recipes don't, then it cannot be bad VG/PG/NIC/flavor... I suspect hes not made "the good" recipe in a while, and either changed nic, PG/VG or equipment or power levels...

Edit: Well, unless of course if e.g. the good recipe was one PG/VG level and not the tested pure VG/PG level(if tested combined?), and/or different power-levels between them, but that would be stupid...

Does sound like phlegm build-up from high VG, or overpowering TH from nic at to high nic/power-level... It cannot be flavors since PG/VG alone does it... Well, not nic either, if pure VG/PG does it...

As said, we need more info and more specific details upon what's actually tested at what specs...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread