Problem with VV gripper (if you use a DID with a gripper please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepherael

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
Warsaw, Indiana, USA
First off, if anyone knows of anything just like a VV gripper that is comparable in price please list it. I need to find something that'll work for my DID. No itaste suggestions

Ok so I bought a VV gripper. From the start my DID would not make connection without a 510 extender. At first I thought it was a problem with the DID but my DID makes connection fine with other stuff so it must be the piece they use in their construction. On top of that I get that buzzing noise with the gripper like the connection isn't solid. One gripper has completely broken and will either show a short or no contact and the replacement I just got in the mail today makes connection but still only with the extender and still with the buzzing noise.

I know this is not a problem with my coils or anything. The gripper has short protection if I'm not mistaken so even if I was building shorted coils it would be fine but my coils and stuff are always tested so I know I didn't blow the mod or anything.

So here's the question. If you are using the same combination of DID and VV gripper how has your experience been? Any suggestions to make solid contact with a 510 extender to get rid of that buzzing? Is there like a higher quality extender I can get from somewhere fairly cheap? It shouldn't be long, just a few mm is all that's necessary because it isn't actually being used as an extension, just a middle man piece for contact. I'm just trying to figure out a way to make this work without future problems or find a better mod in place of it

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread