Problems with dovpo dual topside fully functioning with profile ps rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
So I got a brand new dovpo dual topside, one of the only dual battery squonk mods, and I need two batters because the profile ps require over 100 watts with certain strips, like the nexmesh A1 strips, both strips in parallel mode equal .07 ohms
The problem is with the ohms this low, the computer chip won't let me fire above 118 watts on a full charge. I have brand new vtc6s 3000 mah each the best battery available.
I just spent hella money so I'm really upset this is happening. I want to vape it at 132 watts and it drops to 115 or so when I fire it.
I used to have the geek vape l200 and I didn't have this problem with that mod.
Now I want to buy another dual battery squonk mod but I'm scared the same thing will happen and more money will be wasted
So is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is there a dual battery sqwuonker that can do what I want?

About to just say screw squonking and drip. Really sad.

Attachments

• 16745223952662932308394312774110.jpg
    16745223952662932308394312774110.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: TARTARA

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
VTC6 is only a 15amp battery.
You need higher amp batteries to vape at 132 watts.
View attachment 988960

Ever thought of just doing a Build that has Slightly Higher Ohms?
I can't do that, I'm using the profile ps rda which uses mesh strips, I can just slightly alter it like a coil wrap.

I'm using the nexmesh A1 strips.

And the nexmesh A1 strips are the best flavor you can get off of ANY vape on the market right now.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
And the nexmesh A1 strips are the best flavor you can get off of ANY vape on the market right now.

That's very subjective......

Every vaper is different and has their own preference for what is best.

What's best for you is NOT the best for ALL. :greengrin:

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
And I'm only at 4.8 amps at 118 wats so your math is off. Which is as high as it'll let me go at .07 ohms.

I need a mod with a DNA chip, and also I think the as 3 will work
I can't do that, I'm using the profile ps rda which uses mesh strips, I can just slightly alter it like a coil wrap.

Also are you saying there's a better 18650 than the v
That's very subjective......

Every vaper is different and has their own preference for what is best.

What's best for you is NOT the best for ALL. :greengrin:
I didn't mean it's the best vape or everyone should buy it, but as far as saturated flavor, no other vape is as in your face with flavor.
Everyone has their preference and not everyone wants that much flavor or that big of a hit, but there are no wire builds that beat it, some claptons are close, certain sub ohm tanks are getting close as they progress.

Flavor quantity is objective, flavor preference is objective( some like it hot some like it cool) etc etc etc

Is there a vape out there that can put out the flavor of the dual nexmesh strips in the profile ps?

I'd like to know because Ide like to expand my horizons

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
And I'm only at 4.8 amps at 118 wats so your math is off. Which is as high as it'll let me go at .07 ohms.

I didn't mean it's the best vape or everyone should buy it, but as far as saturated flavor, no other vape is as in your face with flavor.
Everyone has their preference and not everyone wants that much flavor or that big of a hit, but there are no wire builds that beat it, some claptons are close, certain sub ohm tanks are getting close as they progress.

Flavor quantity is objective, flavor preference is objective( some like it hot some like it cool) etc etc etc

Is there a vape out there that can put out the flavor of the dual nexmesh strips in the profile ps?

When I say beat it, I mean the amount of flavor.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
The flavor is

The flavor is literally as if your drinking the bottle of juice and it lingers on your mouth for a long while after hitting

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
It's the yihi chip doing it.

Per the specs...

The Yihi chip in your Dovpo Dual Topside will only fire down to 0.1Ω -- not to 0.07Ω.

Your Dovpo Dual Topside is functioning correctly.

LOL... ummm, no... a 0.07Ω coil will not draw 4.8 amps. No way, no how.

A 0.07Ω coil draws 60 amps.

A 0.87Ω coil draws 4.8 amps.

Ohms Law.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

OK... So No other Strips can get you thru the Night?

BTW - Forget about all the Math and the Formulas and the Greek Symbols for a second. Does it make sense that about the Lowest Ohm Build you hear of around hear, 0.07 Ohms, would Only be Pulling 4.8 Amps from the Batteries?

Does that really make sense to You?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Per the specs...

The Yihi chip in your Dovpo Dual Topside will only fire down to 0.1Ω -- not to 0.07Ω.

Ohms Law.

I believe the Dovpo Dual Topside is a Regulated Mod. So you Calculate Amp Draw at the Battery using Watts Law.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Per the specs...

Ohms Law.
I'm just telling you what my mod says when I hit the fire button. Idk what the deal is.

But as zoi said, the yihi chip isn't meant to go below .1 ohms. Its not the battery because with the aegis l200 it works just as I want it to. It'll fire all the way up to 200 watts at .07ohms.

Are you considering the fact I have two batteries and not just one?

And this is what I expected as I said earlier with the yihi chip. So it's a damn shame I can't use this beauty of a mod with my golden profile but it isn't the end of the world. Just gonna buy a new 60 dollar l200.

Now I have a question, does the l200 have the same chip as the aegis 2 (21700 version)??

The mod fits the profile ps better than the 18650 varient. But I just bought two vtc6s for 15 each so I kinda don't wanna buy more batteries.
OK... So No other Strips can get you thru the Night?

BTW - Forget about all the Math and the Formulas and the Greek Symbols for a second. Does it make sense that about the Lowest Ohm Build you hear of around hear, 0.07 Ohms, would Only be Pulling 4.8 Amps from the Batteries?

Does that really make sense to You?
No I was just reading what the mod said.
I want to try other vapes so if you guys that disagree on this having the most flavor, let me know what else can do it too because I want to try it.
The .07 ohms strips work okay at 120 wats(the max the yihi chip will allow) it just isn't perfect and I was going for perfect since I just dropped 150 on this setup. I didn't buy all this just to not be able to vape at the watts I want at whatever resistance. I got owned by the yihi chip.

But I'm going to put the classic strips from the profile 1 in it, read out at like .09 ohms or so just barely able to be used with the yihi chip. And since it's less metal it requires less watts.
I wasn't implying I was stuck with out a vape but was just wondering what was going on with the automated wattage drop.

So thank you all for being quick to help of you want to continue talking to me pm this threads purpose has been fulfilled.

But seriously, try the profile ps, and throw away the strips it comes with they're trash, use the SS, classic or A1 nexmesh. And the parallel mode 510 pin isn't tight enuff out of the box just give it a twist. All the YouTubers who reviewed it thought it was supposed to only fire one side and just took it out and put in the series pin to make both sides fire. And they all did the review on the stock strips which r poop.

I've tried so many builds to try to achieve this flavor level, and was unsuccessful I'm always on the search for as much flavor as possible so let me know if you have any suggestions. The only builds that came close were a couple of Clapton type builds. But no cigar...

The picture does not do justice for the cloud at all, but there ya go. ( Feel really douche doing a cloud shot)

The build quality, innovation, and feel in the hand was so nice with this mod. If it didn't have the yihi chip it'd be the perfect dual battery sqwuonker. What a shame.

I had a typo which made me look like a huge idiot, I said preference of flavor was objective, meant to say subjective

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_020940412.jpg
    IMG_20230124_020940412.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230124_013258142_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_013258142_HDR.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230124_020852783_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_020852783_HDR.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 16745448199466312587065777541847.jpg
    16745448199466312587065777541847.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 4

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023

So I switched it into voltage mode, set it to 3.3v and it tricked/forced it into firing at 129 to 134 watts each time which is what I was going for. So yay I didn't waste my money. Was just about to get a smok mag18 or one of their other mods, the iq chip is rated for .05 ohms. But it isn't necessary. Also the dovpo is rated for .08 ohms and up so I was just one ohm off but it's fixed. I'm so happy.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
You mean one hundredth of an ohm. And your batteries are still only rated for ~45 watts each,
They are technically 15 amps each but someone(I forget who) but it was a credible source rated them at 19amps each. And on a regulated mod I don't see why I have anything to worry about.

Why would wotofo make the nexmesh A1 strips in parallel mode an option if high end 18650s can't handle it? Are 21700s better for what I am doing?

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
They are technically 15 amps each but someone(I forget who) but it was a credible source rated them at 19amps each. And on a regulated mod I don't see why I have anything to worry about.

Why would wotofo make the nexmesh A1 strips in parallel mode an option if high end 18650s can't handle it? Are 21700s better for what I am doing?
I don't think going over the amp rating on a regulated mod is going to hurt anything.
On the DNA and as and iq chips it fires perfectly fine no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread