Not open for further replies.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
It is not a question of wanting to vape at around 2 ohms. That is decided by your atomizer/carto/rba. What you decide is what wattage you want. I prefer around 10.5watts, but that is me. Everyone has their own sweet spot. The nice thing about the Kick is you never have to worry about it killing you atty/carto since it will not go over 10watts.
Higher the Wattage, the warmer the vape should be.
That plastic cover is there for a good reason. It keeps the Kick from shorting out around the side of your mod. I would find a way to either fix it or send it in to have to re-wrapped.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you so very much. You confirmed my concerns perfectly. I will contact Evolv regarding the covering. I would not want to damage my MOD. All the cartos, attys etc perform so smoothly, and consistently. Only down side is the battery drains faster, but who cares. I just keep them all charged and it only takes a second to change. Thanks again, I appreciate your advise.:)

phil71185

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Middletown,Pa
Just want to throw this in here I thought my kick was faulty it was getting good vapor but not what i expected i noticed it was pulsing slightly not like the dead battery pulse but pulsing none the less fiddled with the ground a little and then ended up wrapping it in scotch tape to make it a little bigger and now it works perfectly. I am off vaping like a steam train. So in my case the assumed low power was a ground issue.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just want to throw this in here I thought my kick was faulty it was getting good vapor but not what i expected i noticed it was pulsing slightly not like the dead battery pulse but pulsing none the less fiddled with the ground a little and then ended up wrapping it in scotch tape to make it a little bigger and now it works perfectly. I am off vaping like a steam train. So in my case the assumed low power was a ground issue.

Im a bit confused, how did you do that, where did you wrap the scotch tape and wouldn't that be dangerous? By the ground, you mean the copper/brass top of the Kick? I notice with my MOD, now my mod has a touch sensor and I notice that after a while the power seems to drop off a bit and it get harder to get the sensor to fire. IF I put in a new battery than it performs fine. I thought that the Kick enabled you to get consistent power without the drop off and go till the battery dies? Im wondering if my Kick isnt getting good grounding.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
By grounding, he meant the spring on the side that looks like a loop of metal. It touches the side of the tube where it is inserted. For variable devices, you need three contacts, Positive, Negative and ground. The top is considered Positive, the bottom Negative and the spring on the side is the ground.
He probably put the tape around the side of the Kick without covering the little ground spring, thus making the device a little bigger so the ground would contact the side better.

phil71185

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Middletown,Pa
Yeah what I did is I took a regular piece of tape and ripped it down the middle so it is now half it's thickness and then wrapped the kick being careful not to cover the spring. This made the kick a little larger so it fit more snugly and grounded better. Sorry about the image quality had to hold it against the wall my phone didn't want to focus. But that should give you the general idea. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349697939.150863.jpg

cbushey7

Oct 9, 2012
U.S, Mass
ooo thanks whoever had the tape idea, Im having the exact same problems in my telescope with it, I just made a new thread asking for help on it to haha guess I should of read up on it first, I thought it was faulty, I tried taking the spring and stretching it out already tho because I thought it was a ground problem as well, so I stretched it and it seemed to be contacting just fine but maybe its not, because I get the pulsing randomness with a new battery.I think Ill try the tape thing and melting a ball of solder to the end of the spring to make it much bigger and see what happens, thanks

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I had issues with my kick on the bolt. I use 2 extensions with 18650's. I sanded the inside of the extension the kick sits in, also the threasds for everything to remove any plating on them. It got a little better, but still not pushing the expexted wattage. Today I went to Lowe's and picked up a tube of Noalox and rubbed down the threads and the positive batt connection inside the top. Seems to be doing much better now. Have to borrow a meter tomorrow and check the voltages I'm getting, but the vapor production definately increased(though it may just be in my head!)

I contacted evolv and told them of my probs, they said send it backwith the reciept and they'd send me another one. Only problem is I bought it a couple weeks ago at vapercon and didn't get a reciept! I'll see what they say if the tests tomorrow don't show me what I want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread