Problems with mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeclips

Nov 22, 2017
Hello, I started making my own e liquid a few days I ordered pre-made 100ml base with 3mg of nic and 100% vg and also 10ml flavor.. And how many ml of base and flavor I need to add to create a 10ml e liquid? This is my first so, please help me :X Somewhere I found that I need 9ml of base and 1ml of flavor, but I don't wan't a mistake..

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is dependent on the flavoring. Not likely anyone can answer your question without much info. Whatever amount of flavoring it will no longer be 3 MG after the base is diluted with flavoring.

Usually mixers use higher levels of Nic, PG, VG and flavoring to mix the desired level of nic.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
This is dependent on the flavoring. Not likely anyone can answer your question without much info. Whatever amount of flavoring it will no longer be 3 MG after the base is diluted with flavoring.

Usually mixers use higher levels of Nic, PG, VG and flavoring to mix the desired level of nic.

While this is true, the amount of flavoring within a 10ml bottle will only decrease by maybe .03%, giving them nic at around 2.7mg. Probably cannot tell the difference. And while hoping to prevent these types of new diyers mistakes in ordering, we probably should just help him/her out with what they already have in their possession.

Hello, I started making my own e liquid a few days I ordered pre-made 100ml base with 3mg of nic and 100% vg and also 10ml flavor.. And how many ml of base and flavor I need to add to create a 10ml e liquid? This is my first so, please help me :X Somewhere I found that I need 9ml of base and 1ml of flavor, but I don't wan't a mistake..

You may want to start the % of flavor a little lower to see if you even like it. I'd try 5% first then work up from there. What flavoring did you purchase?

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What is your nicotine base's ratio, that can matter as well... And, they're not flavor crystals, right, that dissolve into a base? If not, I agree with starting at a low flavoring ratio, and you'll need to let it steep as well, unless it's a shake and vape flavor? If you need juice now, I might try mixing two different batches, and let the other one steep while you vape the first one, and can compare the results.

I know it sounds crazy, but it actually is (IMO) easier to get really good results just starting with a higher nicotine base (most folks can mix at 100 mg/ml by adding in flavoring, VG and PG, and wind up with more precise results. The mixing calculator does the work (tons of free ones that are just fine on googleplay I like using my phone, as it's small) you just input the required values of what you want to end up with and the calculator will get you precisely to where you want.

I hope that your first batch turns out well though and encourages you to continue down the DIY path, it is so much cheaper and a lot of fun (well, I usually say so but I just organized all my flavorings and mixed 20 bottles of juice, so I'm a bit drained, heh).

Best of luck, the pinned threads in the DIY forum are really helpful, you may want to take a look....

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have Tutti Frutti flavor
LOL. Now that is a flavor you don't usually see discussed around here. But I totally agree with it.....in fact, I have a bottle mixed right now. I add it to a bubblegum mix to give it a more complex taste. Also have it mixed at 10%. It is not a real strong flavor or one I would necessarily use as a stand alone. But its not a bad choice. The are some companies who actually mix and blend complex flavorings for sale and all we as DIYers had to do is add nic, pg/vg. One company I use is onestopdiyshop . com. JFK or ecf gets you a discount. They have plenty super mixes and members around here love them. As an example, I use and love their southern sweet tea. Others like the blueberry rasp slush(so do I) or the lucky lotta.

Give them a peak. It is always a good confidence booster for new mixers to have something they can vape while exploring the ins and outs of mixing your own ejuice......

Let us know how it goes.

:)

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hi There & Welcome...As mentioned above a mix with 10% flavor will only bring the nic down to 2.7%...But right out of the gate I too would suggest starting your flavor percentage at 5%...Just as in cooking it's much easier to add more spice than it is to take some out...It is all trial & error and personal taste...Also, to help the folks around here do tell them what brand the flavor is as well...FA / TFA / CAP etc...There are numerous very knowledgeable people around here who are always willing help...They helped me tons !!!...Trig :thumbs:

ADD:...And do remember to shake your nic and flavor before mixing !!!

Last edited:

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I noticed something interesting (it's kind of obvious). When I put this in the calculator I use - it ended up being mostly "Nicotine juice 3mg." And only a little bit of diluent (VG). That's because 3mg juice is so weak that you are pretty much just using nic juice in the recipe.

Here's the problem with 3mg nic juice:

3mg nic juice is about US$4.50 for 250ml ->

3mg E-Liquid Nicotine

100mg nic juice is about US$20 for 250ml ->

100mg E-Liquid Nicotine*

100mg juice is 33.33 times stronger than 3mg juice. But you are only paying 4 times more for it. My math sucks - but I think that means that 3mg nic juice is 8.33 times more expensive than 100mg ejuice, per mg of nicotine.

Even if you only vape at 3mg, it still makes sense to get the 100mg - and just dilute it. Otherwise you are paying nicotine prices for VG, basically.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 17.25.37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread