• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Problems with vivi nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
So this happened today, I'm using an ego-t and a vivi nova tank, it vaped with no problems when I first got it till today

I wanted to charge the battery and accidentally unscrewed the bottom of the tank instead, juice spilled all over, so I made sure nothing seeped into the battery and so since I thought it was already disassembled I decided to try out the 2.4 ohm head included (was using the 2.8 one) with the vivi nova

Wiped everything to make sure, then filled it with liquid till about the 2.8 ml mark fired it up and nothing came out, no vapor, nothing. Thought I might have flooded it but there was no gurgling, I even poured out some of the liquid to make sure, pulled on it and only a very slight amount of vapor was produced (which is still not normal)

Switched the heads back to 2.8ohm one and still either no vapor or very little..

What's the problem with it?, did I break it? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
So this happened today, I'm using an ego-t and a vivi nova tank, it vaped with no problems when I first got it till today

I wanted to charge the battery and accidentally unscrewed the bottom of the tank instead, juice spilled all over, so I made sure nothing seeped into the battery and so since I thought it was already disassembled I decided to try out the 2.4 ohm head included (was using the 2.8 one) with the vivi nova

Wiped everything to make sure, then filled it with liquid till about the 2.8 ml mark fired it up and nothing came out, no vapor, nothing. Thought I might have flooded it but there was no gurgling, I even poured out some of the liquid to make sure, pulled on it and only a very slight amount of vapor was produced (which is still not normal)

Switched the heads back to 2.8ohm one and still either no vapor or very little..

What's the problem with it?, did I break it? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Take a close look at the replacement head
A. Did you screw it all the way down?
B. Did you do a few dry burns before you filled everything back up to make sure it wasn't DOA and to condition the coils?
C. Did it look like this in my below post?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-i-fixed-chinese-ce5-vivi-nova-head-fix.html

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Take a close look at the replacement head
A. Did you screw it all the way down?
B. Did you do a few dry burns before you filled everything back up to make sure it wasn't DOA and to condition the coils?
C. Did it look like this in my below post?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-i-fixed-chinese-ce5-vivi-nova-head-fix.html

Unfortunately I didn't dry burn it, not even when I first got it, but it did produce vapor after I emptied a bit of the liquid out, and yes, I did make sure to screw it down tight.

Looked at your post, don't really know what to look out for.. It is producing vapor, just a very very small amount, not clouds of it like it once did

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
What are the signs I need to look out for to know I did something wrong?, cause it didn't do this the first time, there was a little vapor, but after puffing in it a few more times, everything was normal again.

Did I replace the heads wrongly?

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
If it's working normally, it probably just needed to wick the juice to the coil (sometimes they ship the coils soaked in tasteless low "wicking solution" and this also has to burn off too

Dry burning the coil also helps normalize the coils...after a few hits you will see the coil glow evenly across the wick
It's always a good idea to pull the little neoprene cap off and look at the coil to make sure it's not DOA and to make sure it heats evenly after a few hits...then pre-prime with a drop of your juice on the coil, one on each side of the wick outside the housing, put on neoprene cover, put tank back together, fill, then vape away

Glad you got it running...just try posting one time and waiting for responses...multiple posts really don't help

Serpent Shane

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
sg
I usually will just throw away the stock coils and wrap my own. Super easy to do, And so much better. Just buy a roll of silica and 32g kanthal and you will have endless amount of coils. Youtube has alot of tutorials which can guide you along the way. Wish you luck!
well my viva nova is putting anything out now, disassembled everything, washed and wiped it clean, still nothing. damn.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
I usually will just throw away the stock coils and wrap my own. Super easy to do, And so much better. Just buy a roll of silica and 32g kanthal and you will have endless amount of coils. Youtube has alot of tutorials which can guide you along the way. Wish you luck!

Hi Shane,

Since you recoil your vivi nova head using thhe 32g kanthal and silica, can I check with you; do you find your battery drain faster than the stock coil?

Also the drag on recoiling seems longer and throat hit better?

After recoiling I feel that the battery drain faster than stock and seems to be troublesome to change battery frequently.

On stock coil battery drain is lesser and taste not as strong as recoiling. I am using a KTS and K100.

Using SVD burnt to fast and coil damage faster; might be too high Volt.

Serpent Shane

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
sg
I vape on 4 volts on 2.2-2.4 ohms 5 wraps, usually I dont use much on the vivi so dont really notice the battery drain, used to get burnt taste but I find splicing down the wicks by 2 strands to 2mm helps in the wicking process. I'm also using K100 but i use a .6 ohm rda on that 18650 batt swapping out below 3.7v which is almost daily. Have you tried using wattage mode on your svd? Might help..

Hi Shane,

Since you recoil your vivi nova head using thhe 32g kanthal and silica, can I check with you; do you find your battery drain faster than the stock coil?

Also the drag on recoiling seems longer and throat hit better?

After recoiling I feel that the battery drain faster than stock and seems to be troublesome to change battery frequently.

On stock coil battery drain is lesser and taste not as strong as recoiling. I am using a KTS and K100.

Using SVD burnt to fast and coil damage faster; might be too high Volt.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
I vape on 4 volts on 2.2-2.4 ohms 5 wraps, usually I dont use much on the vivi so dont really notice the battery drain, used to get burnt taste but I find splicing down the wicks by 2 strands to 2mm helps in the wicking process. I'm also using K100 but i use a .6 ohm rda on that 18650 batt swapping out below 3.7v which is almost daily. Have you tried using wattage mode on your svd? Might help..

I have tried 3 coils instead of 5 coils, seems turn out to be better. one more, I did try to dry burn it till the coil are evenly across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread