Problems with vivi nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
So this happened today, I'm using an ego-t and a vivi nova tank, it vaped with no problems when I first got it till today

I wanted to charge the battery and accidentally unscrewed the bottom of the tank instead, juice spilled all over, so I made sure nothing seeped into the battery and so since I thought it was already disassembled I decided to try out the 2.4 ohm head included (was using the 2.8 one) with the vivi nova

Wiped everything to make sure, then filled it with liquid till about the 2.8 ml mark fired it up and nothing came out, no vapor, nothing. Thought I might have flooded it but there was no gurgling, I even poured out some of the liquid to make sure, pulled on it and only a very slight amount of vapor was produced (which is still not normal)

Switched the heads back to 2.8ohm one and still either no vapor or very little..

What's the problem with it?, did I break it? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Heh, that's the same starter kit I bought when I first tried e-cigs (after disposables of course). Horrible, horrible system. Can't go wrong with eGO though :D

I'll say that the most obvious thing here is that the 3.4 to 3.7 volts that your wee eGO is putting out is not enough power to vape on a 2.4 or 2.8ohm head. Likely your battery is nearing the end of its life and needs recharging anyway. My best guess is what's happening is your flooding the atty due to insufficient power.

Get some lower ohm heads or a higher powered mod.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
Assuming you cleaned the battery well, Do you have another battery? I suggest you should have one for charging purposes. If you have a multimeter try to see if the connection is all right. wash the first head with warm water and try to dry burn after it is dry. (look at the youtube to see how it is done)
Most probably your 2nd head is out of order and the first is dirty. Also your battery is weak.

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Heh, that's the same starter kit I bought when I first tried e-cigs (after disposables of course). Horrible, horrible system. Can't go wrong with eGO though :D

I'll say that the most obvious thing here is that the 3.4 to 3.7 volts that your wee eGO is putting out is not enough power to vape on a 2.4 or 2.8ohm head. Likely your battery is nearing the end of its life and needs recharging anyway. My best guess is what's happening is your flooding the atty due to insufficient power.

Get some lower ohm heads or a higher powered mod.

Exactly what I'm doing, gonna look out for one, really sorry if I'm annoying anyone, I just panic too much, I hate when things don't function suddenly :(

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
Assuming you cleaned the battery well, Do you have another battery? I suggest you should have one for charging purposes. If you have a multimeter try to see if the connection is all right. wash the first head with warm water and try to dry burn after it is dry. (look at the youtube to see how it is done)
Most probably your 2nd head is out of order and the first is dirty. Also your battery is weak.

Hmm, never considered washing them, guess I'll have to do that, yeah, seems like a multimeter is essential to determine whether my battery is broken or not

Another item to add to my to buy list!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Seems like a multimeter is essential to determine whether my battery is broken or not

I highly doubt your eGO is broke due to some leaking on the connection. My Protank has leaked PLENTY on mine and she still runs just fine :p So unless you got a faulty battery to begin with.... if the button still glows when you press it that means it's firing. Or blinking if there's no charge.

Out of curiosity, what sort of budget do you have to work with? What kind of mod do you want? Variable voltage? Mechanical? Maybe we can help you narrow it down.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Unfortunately, if a nova is playing up, I tend to dismantle the whole thing and test the coil out of the tube. I save the liquid using a syringe.
With the centre post on the battery, you can gently tighten it up the atty head across the wick channel (if it might have been a little loose) and then fire it and look at the coil. If it's glowing red after the gunk has burned off, it's still good. If not, it's either a dud or no longer getting hot enough to vapourise the juice.

barneyruckus

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Gardena, Ca
Seems like this could be a few things.
First, of course, you spilled liquid on your battery, I wouldn't say that there isn't a possibility that the battery was damaged. So I'd try other attys/cartos and see if it works. If it does, then it's likely the Vivi itself or the combination of the Vivi and ego (connection problem).
If it's the Vivi, make sure you're getting a good connection to the positive post of the eGo and the base of the Vivi. Sometimes the positive post (center post) on my Vivis will slide up a bit. When that happens, I first make sure that the atomizer head is screwed on tight and is making contact with the center post of the base.
If you know you're making contact and your battery does work for sure, then your atomizer head may be burned out or shorted.
Either replace the head or you can easily rebuild them if you have some wick and wire. There are a ton of tutorials on YouTube on how to rebuild Vivi Novas.
I assume that this once worked, so I'm not going to get into how 3.7 volts may have trouble pushing a fairly higher than standard 2.8 ohm coil. **Also, you might want to check that resistance of the coil on the stock Vivi. They aren't always accurate. I've has several of them ohm'ing out at over 3ohm when it said "2.4ohm".
Hope some of that helps.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I ordered vivi nova just to try from fasttech. First thing I noticed is plastic taste and doesn't fire well on my vamo2. A ce4 tank fire better than vivi nova I don't know what I did wrong.

I don't expect you did anything wrong. I've only ever bought 2 "clone" Novas and neither of them worked properly or tasted good. One fried my battery.

barneyruckus

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Gardena, Ca
I ordered vivi nova just to try from fasttech. First thing I noticed is plastic taste and doesn't fire well on my vamo2. A ce4 tank fire better than vivi nova I don't know what I did wrong.
I'm not sure which ones are clones or legit, but the "Vision Vivi Nova V3.5" that I got on GotVapes and at my local shop are rock solid devices. I've built and rebuilt the hell out of them. They keep rock'n.
We also need to know more about what you're doing/using to tell what's going on. :)

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
So this happened today, I'm using an ego-t and a vivi nova tank, it vaped with no problems when I first got it till today

I wanted to charge the battery and accidentally unscrewed the bottom of the tank instead, juice spilled all over, so I made sure nothing seeped into the battery and so since I thought it was already disassembled I decided to try out the 2.4 ohm head included (was using the 2.8 one) with the vivi nova

Wiped everything to make sure, then filled it with liquid till about the 2.8 ml mark fired it up and nothing came out, no vapor, nothing. Thought I might have flooded it but there was no gurgling, I even poured out some of the liquid to make sure, pulled on it and only a very slight amount of vapor was produced (which is still not normal)

Switched the heads back to 2.8ohm one and still either no vapor or very little..

What's the problem with it?, did I break it? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem and what I found is that the replacement head isn't making contact with the positive post inside the air tube. The only fix I could come up with is to carefully pull the positive connection pin out about a 1/32 of an inch then when I put it back on it was fine for a tank full.

I switched to a protank after that so I don't know if it still works.

A more permanent fix would be to remove the connection pin, make a washer out of some silicone salvaged from a clero or something then insert the connection pin through the washer and put it back in the head making sure the positive coil wire is trapped between the connection pin and rubber insulator and not pushed back into the head..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread