Prodigy not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckfill

Sep 9, 2009
I'm having an issue with getting my Prodigy back up and running. When it first died i thought it was just a dead atty. I took that atty and put it on my passthru and it ran just fine. So, I put a fresh atty on the Prodidy and i could hear it half ... sizzle when powered, but still issues. So, I thought it must be the batteries. I put a voltage meter on it and it read back 5.xx volts, so that seems good. I switched over to the ohms and it read 3.84 on a known good atty.

So..... up to this point it appears that i have good batteries, good voltage, good atty.... I guess I am left with bad contact? I tried screwing on the atty WHILE pushing the button to see if there was a sweet spot where it would ignite. NOTHING! I went from barely on all the way down to tightening it much tighter than I'm comfortable doing. I did see a post in Troubleshooting about how to take apart the adapter and pound the center post in/out. I guess that is my next step, but wanted to check with you guys/gals. It's probably worth mentioning that I even tried the staple trick and no luck. I am also noticing the presence of juice on the brass part of the adapter. I have never noticed that before unless I put too much juice in. But, I am only putting in a drip or two to troubleshoot. If it doesn't work, i move the atty over to my passthru and then repeat the steps. So, flooding "shouldn't" be the reason my adapter appears wet, but not for certain. I am somewhat concerned seeing a wet connector knowing that I've never seen that on my PT.

Do you have any ideas after reading all this? I am stumped. I'd like to think it's a contact thing, but not certain how. Since I am seeing the correct voltage at the adapter, I'm not certain about popping off the adapter or switch housing. To me the issue is somewhere between the adapter and the atty...

Any help/ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Meanwhile....back to the passthru!

buckfill

Sep 9, 2009
Wipe off all the threads on the adapter first. Seeing liquid on them is a clear sign that you're probably losing contact between the atty and adapter.

Well, there's definitely a correlation between getting that dry and it firing "hotter". I think that is the problem and if so...it was my fault. That is "e-cig 101" and I should've checked that more closely.

Thanks for the quick follow-up and suggestion. I'll get it nice and dry and try again. I'm comfortable saying that this was the solution!

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread