• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Prohibition on importing e-cigarettes containing vaporiser nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
These guys claim they're going to do one last batch that will get here before the 1st:
Vapoureyes NZ
In the next few hours this site will re-open and you'll have one final opportunity to stock up on nicotine juice before the ban takes effect. We've arranged a last-minute cargo flight from New Zealand to Australia that will depart on Sunday, which will be enough time for all parcels to be cleared through customs before the July 1 deadline.

• Informative
Reactions: Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
These guys claim they're going to do one last batch that will get here before the 1st:
Vapoureyes NZ
In the next few hours this site will re-open and you'll have one final opportunity to stock up on nicotine juice before the ban takes effect. We've arranged a last-minute cargo flight from New Zealand to Australia that will depart on Sunday, which will be enough time for all parcels to be cleared through customs before the July 1 deadline.
I ordered from them Sat arvo and still hasn't hit Aus. They didn't offer any DHL option - only "nicotine safe shipping" whatever that means.
Not sure why I didn't choose my usual Mixology Vape or Vapo but was kind of panicked at the time. Good lesson I guess - always take a deep breath and think first. Oh well. It's a race against time now. I'm not desperate but want another buffer. Who knows what's gonna happen

• Informative
Reactions: FLICK

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I ordered from them Sat arvo and still hasn't hit Aus. They didn't offer any DHL option - only "nicotine safe shipping" whatever that means.
Not sure why I didn't choose my usual Mixology Vape or Vapo but was kind of panicked at the time. Good lesson I guess - always take a deep breath and think first. Oh well. It's a race against time now. I'm not desperate but want another buffer. Who knows what's gonna happen

It sounds like all their orders are getting through ok so you should be fine...

Their final sale will apparently start at midnight and it sounds more like a stock-clearance:

Yes, the only products that will be available are packs of pre-bagged pre-made juices – both imported and Aussie/NZ brands.

Two reasons.
1. ⁠We have no raw nicotine left.
2. ⁠The only way we're getting this many packages out in time is if we slap a shipping label on a bag and throw it onto a plane.

• Informative

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I ordered from them Sat arvo and still hasn't hit Aus.

There's talk around the place they ran out of 100mg freebase and substituted it for nicsalts, and they haven't warned people other than a message on Reddit, that sounds sucky for non-pod users that are chasing the throat hit :(

We don't have any more 100mg freebase unfortunately :( Had to swap out freebase orders for 100mg smooth salts towards the end. Only other option was leaving people with sweet f*** all.

I'm thankful I stockpiled a few years ago!

Last edited:
  • Informative

Doc_

Mar 26, 2013
Australia
I stockpiled years ago. Had 5 years worth. Pity that was 4 years ago, lol. Was meaning to top up my supply but got blind sided by this GG stuff signing off on it in hours. I was busy on the weekend and didnt realise the desperate position I was in. Come monday morning it was panic stations and NZ had sold out.
I've got about 2 and a half years supply now. If I had just topped up my supply I would have got a litre of 100mg from the states ages ago. Would be close to 3 years supply.
Health cabin is doing some interesting stuff. Saying they will label the juice 0% nicotine. On the label will be {oops the page has gone} something like hc030 for 30mg etc.
Interesting the page disappeared. I got the link in an email. These nannies are all over it.

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
There's talk around the place they ran out of 100mg freebase and substituted it for nicsalts, and they haven't warned people other than a message on Reddit, that sounds sucky for non-pod users that are chasing the throat hit :(

We don't have any more 100mg freebase unfortunately :( Had to swap out freebase orders for 100mg smooth salts towards the end. Only other option was leaving people with sweet f*** all.

I'm thankful I stockpiled a few years ago!
Me too. Been stocking nic since 2016 and still have some 100 mg from MFS in the states that's clean/clear 4 years on. The rest is from NZ retailers. It's my mates I'm worried about. You know - the ones who listened when you kept warning them but did nothing.

• Agree

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
It's my mates I'm worried about. You know - the ones who listened when you kept warning them but did nothing.

Yes it's the people who don't know what's happened I feel sorry for. If I hadn't happened to have email notification of new threads in this forum from years ago, I wouldn't have known as I don't often visit forums anymore. I'm just thankful I had time to place an order, though now I wish I'd ordered at least double that.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Yep, looks like we're all good till Jan 1st 2021:
Prescription Nicotine Based Vaping
The TGA has a second public consultation in September and October. That will be a chance to push back on the harshness of it a bit.

They have also said next incarnation will have a streamlined process for prescription that is not unobtainable

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I'm getting conflicting info. Hope this postponement is real.
Anybody actually seen a press release from Aus gov,? I've only seen an email from Mixology

Edit: ok read all posts first. Done it again lol

lol, all good,... To celebrate I just ordered another 5 years worth for the stockpile, lol

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Australians all, let us rejoice - for today at least.
But let's take a moment to think about how this felt and be mindful we face it again in 6 months.

We can place large orders and sit back knowing we have what we need - for a while.
But what about those who are still smoking, for whom switching to vaping would be near impossible?

Personally I believe that now is the time to really fight, to add our names to petitions, to take the time to lobby politicians.
That's what I plan to do.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Australians all, let us rejoice - for today at least.
But let's take a moment to think about how this felt and be mindful we face it again in 6 months.

We can place large orders and sit back knowing we have what we need - for a while.
But what about those who are still smoking, for whom switching to vaping would be near impossible?

Personally I believe that now is the time to really fight, to add our names to petitions, to take the time to lobby politicians.
That's what I plan to do.
Good points. Now is the time to keep the pressure on, even double it while the issue has the bas tards' attention. More emails and phone calls can't hurt and might help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread