Prolonging an atty's lifespan; "safe vaping" power chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhals

Jun 9, 2012
Denver (5,675 ft)
Photo Jun 09, 10 06 36 PM.jpg

I found this chart on another post and I'm interested in knowing if this is good information to follow; also what other considerations are there for vaping "efficiently" and prolonging the atty's life?

For my dripping setup I am using a 510 extension and 901 delrin drip shield - used more as a heat sync to keep the HR atty cool than to contain drips (no real flooding issues) - and I am hoping that helps get more out of it...

- Rhals

Last edited:

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
When I started, I wanted to learn as much as possible and created this chart. Much more complicated than most you'll find, but that's how I learn. View attachment 110962

Now since I use VV, I simply add 2v to the resistance of my atty/carto to get close to 8 watts and then adjust +/- 0.1v to fine tune. (e.g. 3.0ohm carto +2 = start at 5.0v = 8.3 watts)

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
The only things I know of are keeping the coil wet at all times and regular cleaning. You need to learn to avoid dry hits, as that could make the coil pop in the end, and they are extremely nasty as well. You need to leave them with some liquid in overnight, never store them dry. And then, you know, cleaning with vodka or PGA whenever the draw becomes somewhat tight. I don't think I'll go back to regular atomizers any time soon, though...

Rhals

Jun 9, 2012
Denver (5,675 ft)
When I started, I wanted to learn as much as possible and created this chart...

I'm the same way, and I am a spreadsheet geek to say the least so I go down that road a lot. lol

I just ordered an IKV 510 SR Atomizer 2.5Ω and an IKV 510 HR Atomizer 3.5Ω to play around with, and I will be comparing them to the 3.0Ω Cisco Spec atomizers and the 3.0Ω Boge cartomizers I've been enjoying. To be honest I am not sure what to expect with the IKVs, but I am looking forward to finding what works best for me.

Thanks so much for the reply. Just a heads up though, I may come up with a few questions as I experiment more over the next few weeks. :) Thanks again - Rhals

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
I'm the same way, and I am a spreadsheet geek to say the least so I go down that road a lot. lol

I just ordered an IKV 510 SR Atomizer 2.5Ω and an IKV 510 HR Atomizer 3.5Ω to play around with, and I will be comparing them to the 3.0Ω Cisco Spec atomizers and the 3.0Ω Boge cartomizers I've been enjoying. To be honest I am not sure what to expect with the IKVs, but I am looking forward to finding what works best for me.

Thanks so much for the reply. Just a heads up though, I may come up with a few questions as I experiment more over the next few weeks. :) Thanks again - Rhals

If you like spreadsheets, you might want to check one that I made out. Amongst the tabs, it will show you the correlation between volts, ohms, watts and amps. I posted it on another thread that you can find here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...d-help-w-ohms-plz-oh-hello-2.html#post6275280

Rhals

Jun 9, 2012
Denver (5,675 ft)
So, the goal with debridging is to improve the juice flow to the coil? Is this to give you an better all around vaping experience, or only needed if you are having problems, or is it more to get from dripping (refilling) to vaping again quicker? I guess I get all three impressions, why do you do it with the IKVs?

I'll look into this more for when my IKVs arrive, but now I am noticing I can order Ciscos de-wicked/de-bridged (Atomizers - Cisco Spec Bridgeless Atomizers - Avid Vaper) - have you tried them by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread