Proof That Steeping Exists! ~Pretty Cool~

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Edit: I realized that I should put a disclaimer here. Not all juice will change color when it steeps. Especially dark juices like chocolate and apparently butterscotch. I've seen it happen with others, though.

Well, I think it's cool, anyway. So, I got an order in today. It had Spearmint in it, which I had ordered about a month ago so I already had some steeped. I've mentioned before to newbies that you can sometimes see steeping because it changes colors. Not always, but sometimes. Anyhoo, now I can actually show evidence that steeping happens. And I promise you that this new bottle of Spearmint will be unvapable since that was the case with the first bottle which looked exactly the same at first.

So! Pictures! This first picture shows that it's the same flavor, as if I'd lie about it. PG/VG mix is different, but not by much and I promise that it still looks the same as the other one did brand new:

spearmint2.jpg

Alright, you can't see a lot of the juice there since the label is in the way. Which is why I took a picture of it from behind! Sounds dirty, I know, but that's not how I roll.

spearmint1.jpg

Voila! The steeped spearmint reached that color after about a week and a half to two weeks. I kept it locked up in an old e-cig kit box that had one of those magnetic lids. Any dark spot would work fine. I might let this bottle steep out in the light and see if it does it at the same rate to see if the dark actually helps.

So, bookmark this thread so you can show it to newbies that ask if steeping is necessary or scoff at the idea :D

Last edited:

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Oh yes, it definitely changes the flavor as far as these juices are concerned. This is because they're mixed fresh when you order them, so they haven't had a chance to properly blend. The color change shows that steeping happens because the juices are blending. The color on pre-mixed juices that aren't made fresh might change over time from the nicotine, but it's not nearly as dramatic as these juices.

I noted that the spearmint was initially unvapable. It was BAD. It had sort of a chemically taste that's hard to describe. But, after it had reached that nice color it became very pleasant to me. If you were here and tried each of those on a fresh carto, you'd know what I meant. From what I can tell, the color on the first bottle hasn't changed in the past two weeks, so I'd call it finished.

And there are flavors that I have gotten which steeped but the color didn't change at all. These are clear colors, though. Arctic Ice is always clear and so is Lemonade.

80 20 on one 100% PG on other I just found it funny :) .
Steeping does help though on certain flavors its kind of like letting fruit ripen but using bread as soon as you buy it. Some steep well others should be used soon

:laugh: Yeah, I know. I usually do 80/20 but I decided to go with 100% this time to see if it wicks better in my ce2 cartos. I haven't tried any of them yet, because I'm trying to vape through what I have in my tester cart. Then I'll clean it and give my new flavors a go. I have Butterscotch and Arctic Ice, though I already know I like the latter. My husband got Caramel Candy as his trial bottle since we're always wanting to try something new. I'm thinking about getting into that, too. They both smell awesome, but that's not always a good indicator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread