Proposed Chicago Ecig Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I don't think there is actually a "ban" being proposed. They are trying to classify it as a tobacco product and thus it would fall under the same rules as smoking. In a feeble attempt to make it appear objective, they're also proposing that menthol cigarettes can't be sold so many feet from a school. Right, because we know what an epidemic there is of kids smoking menthol. LOL. I don't care if Chicago taxes e-cigs, I buy my stuff online anyway so it won't affect me. But this entire push to make it seem like the industry is targeting children is just absurd and isn't uniquely a Chicago thing.

Vicky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Il USA
www.cignot.com
Thanks! I think we all agree about that under 18 thing and it will be law come January in Illinois. I must say I have not had any kids waiving 50.00 bills trying to get in the store to buy an ecig with Cherry or Menthol flavor.

I looked at the agenda for today's meeting and do not see it. Sometimes things get added at the last minute I suppose and are not so easy to plan for. If you or anyone hears of a time and place to be, please let me know. I would like to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread