prospective e person here...........:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlesara

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
california
hi everyone--

just wanted to post, had a few questions. I have read alot on this forum, and feel i am learning alot about e cigs. just a brief history about my hubby and i and then to a few questions (because i'm still a bit confused about all the products):

My hubby and I both smoke (analogs??) and have been for 20+ years. (that looks bad in writing, huh?). He is a heavy smoker (2 packs per day, camel wides and/or camel wide lights, chain smoke, needs alot of nicotine, has mental health issues). he would probably need a tobacco flavored, strong, with strong vapor for this to work for him, maybe around 24mg to 36 mg??

Me: 1/2 pack per day, used to be 1 pack a day, only menthol!!! used to smoke Kool's, switched to newports, then when cigs got more expensive, Wave's (strong i know), or Basics, now happy with camel menthol (2 pack special/marlboro milds (2 pack special), i too would like strong taste (menthol), lost of pull and vapor, maybe around 18mg-24mg.

i have read that the 510 is a good one to start with. but money is tight, and i would like to order a good starter kit that we can share (for a couple of weeks), with extra batteries, etc. also would need liq menthol flavored tobacco for me, and camel flavored or marlboro flavored for him. we can experiment later. he says he is not interested in sweet flavors right now :)

sorry this is long--some companies i have been seeing is: intellicig (usa) for the starter. any recommendations for this brand? is this a reputable company? any other suggestions? and where to purchase flavored liquid nic?

any help would be greatly appreciated as we are eager to join in!

sara

kase

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Everett WA
www.myspace.com
If you check out cignot.com , you may be able to find it in your budget to grab two no box 510 starter kits, as they're just 35.00 each w/ no tax... You can pick up liquid there too and other places of course. If he's going to need something strong, he'll need his own kit.. Unless you two are together all day and night. You really need to keep one battery charging while you're using the other so you dont end up smoke, I mean vaporLESS. Hope this helps!

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
some companies i have been seeing is: intellicig (usa) for the starter. any recommendations for this brand? is this a reputable company? any other suggestions? and where to purchase flavored liquid nic?

Generally, if you see them listed in the supporting suppliers on the home page of this forum, they are a reputable company. Intellicig is on that list.

VaporMemphis

Dec 4, 2009
Memphis
If money is tight, you can't afford NOT to get a kit. Since he is the heavier smoker, go ahead and let him be the primary on any kit you get.

If you pay $50ish for a kit, and $10ish for 10ml of camel flavored high nicotine content, that $60 is the equivalent of about 2 cartons of cigarettes. (i.e. it pays for itself in a week).

More than likely he would go about 50/50 analog/ecig, and that 10 ml would last about 2 weeks.

Then, order 30 ml of camel flavored, and a 10 ml bottle of menthol for yourself. (I would recommend blending a bit of camel and menthol for yourself)

By the time that runs out, you guys will be 100 bucks ahead and well on your way! Buy a second kit and extra batteries and more liquid, and a couple extra atomizers.

By the end of a years time, you will have saved close to $2000!

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
thanks so much for quick responses. yes he is a heavy smoker. two of those starter kits would probably do it.

again thanks for responses.

i think i will go with intellicig.

we should be both happy vaping soon!!:rolleyes:

intellicig is a wonderful company :) very friendly and they have quality product :D

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
I agree with kase - cignot.com - i started with an 801 - was too mild for me then went to cignot and ordered 2 unpacked 510's - usually have 2 batteries charging and using 2 - i need 2 going at once so i don't overheat my atty's - heavy smoker 50 yrs and only had 1 analog after starting e-cigs - and that 1 was after 24 hrs then no analogs

I did the same...ordered my 1st from cignot...but it took me about 10 days to put the analogs down. Once I did, however, there was no looking back...27 days w/o an analog after smoking 2+ packs per day for years.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
I agree with all the advice I see here so far. I want to emphasise that, with the cost of cigarettes a kit will pay for itself in about 1 week.

I'd also like to suggest that you do spend a little extra money and get a sample pack of flavors including tobacco, menthol AND non-tobacco flavors. I was a 1 1/2 pack a day smoker for 21 years. My brand of choice was Marlboro lights (or generic equivelent) so I ordered a BIG bottle of "Marl" juice--and I hated it!!! For me, I've found having several flavors I liked was the key to quitting. I just couldn't put the analogs down until I found the "right" ones. Which for me is a Cuban cigar flavor, a blend of tobacco with menthol (even though I didn't smoke menthol), and some 555 flavor. Depending on the time of day, or my mood, one of those always works for me.

65590.png

[/url]

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I was in the same boat... we went with a starter kit from NHaler to try it out..because it came with the 5 pre-filled carts and choice of 2 6ml sampler bottles (24mg or 12 mg HV) which would last for about close to 2 weeks..with coupon code it came to $49.30 shipped..
Vapor station looks like they got a good deal running right now on their kit ..$35 ..and it's got 3 batteries (has to be at least 2 different types of batteries (manual w/LED, manual w/o LED, or automatic))..cignot $35 kits + shipping, Rocky Mountain vapor $46 kits +free shipping..
So for me the best deal to give it a try was NHaler like I said because of the 2 6ml sampler bottles...after comparing cost of kit, cost of shipping, and what came with the kit..they all came out about even or at least a dollar or 2 within each other...
so you could try out some of his menthol (you might like the 12mg HV he has, since it produces a bit more vapor and has great flavor) and your hubby could try the camule 24mg...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread