Protank 1--- quick question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Looking to get a Protank1 for my dad so He can use it with his first APV he's getting. Is the protank 1 alright? I've been rebuilding for a while now and Im not worried about the coils, I'll be rebuilding it on arrival. It works with the Aerotank base correct? Just looking to get him something to help him get off the coffin nails, what is your opinion on the PT1?

There is a Zmax v5 kit on ebay that comes with a PT1 and has everything necessary to get him going in the right direction. What do you think about the protank 1 is basically what Im asking.

And/or the PT2

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
If your going to rebuild the coils for him, suggest PT2. It can be fully taken apart for proper cleaning. Plus removable drip tip for personalization should he have an issue with the metal. Suggest staying with glass like PT to avoid issues with tank cracking juices.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It depends on what generation PT1 it is.

The original PT's used some form of glue or epoxy to hold the glass in place and... a lot of them fell apart if liquids got in contact with the glue. The problem was so bad it pushed Kanger to make the first glue free version of a PT, starting with the PT1.

You can only tell by looking at it if you have the 2nd generation as the o-rings are visible when you look down at the base through the glass. (If you compare a 1st generation PT1 to a 2nd generation the difference is obvious. The o-ring is clearly not there in the 1st generation.) You should be getting a 2nd generation version if the packaging says "New 2013" on the front, but you said you were buying from eBay so...

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Hi, does airflow controller helps in wicking as well?? Because I have had wicking issues with protank when i use 100% vg juice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It should because you can adjust the draw to pull more juice onto the coil. The harder the draw the more suction/vacuum there is and it should help with the wicking issues.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I would not even consider the PT1 just for the simple fact it is glued together and can't be disassembled for cleaning. I have a new found like for the PTII now that I have started build my own coils. In fact I am now replacing all of my Aspire BDC stuff with PTII's and first gen Anyvape mini glassomizers.

Tap'd from my LG G2

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I use PT1s exclusively. I tried a 2 and it was gurgly and a PITA to use. I just love my 1s. I got used to the metal drip tip part a long time ago. Keep in mind that the description of the Aerotank base says it can be used with PT2s and 3s - it does not specify ones. I have an Aerotank, but have not checked yet to see if the base fits on my 1s. Honestly, I didn't find the Aerotank to be all that. It is fiddly and I get annoyed trying to find the right air control level. I guess I am just used to the draw on the 1s. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread