Protank 2 with cotton micro coil still gurgling

Status
Not open for further replies.

manlike

Sep 19, 2013
oxford
I have replaced the coil in my protank 2 with a micro coil, the same ones I use in my mini protank 2 and evod with no problems.

however, when the protank 2 is about 1/3 full, it begins to gurgle and lose vapour production. blowing through the centre stops this, but only for a short amount of time.

the micro coil is 9 wraps, 30 gauge kanthal, with a cotton wick. I use this same coil in the protank mini, and I can run that down to empty with no issues. I have tried a cotton flavour wick, but this reduces vapour production too much.

any suggestions to sort this out are gratefully appreciated.

I am using the protank 2 on a vamo

talon4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I was only able to solve this issue by getting the aero base for my PT2, in addition to the micro-coil and cotton. If the tank sits for a couple days it will start to gurgle but as long as I'm using it I have no issues. It has actually become quite a nice tank. Just sucks that we had to modify things to make it better. But if I wasn't tinkering with s@#$ I wouldn't be happy. LOL!

manlike

Sep 19, 2013
oxford
In addition to this thread. I have tried putting a 2nd rubber grommet upside down on top on the one that normally sits on to of the chimney. This has been in there for 24hrs now & at the minute all is good. I'm getting very close to empty & so far no gurgling or loss of vapour. I have the grommet upside down in the mini pro tank & that works well. Didn't do the same on protank 2, but thought id try a 2nd one. Aero base still going to have to be bought I think (when they are in stock) but this is looking like a possible cure for the intrim. I will post again if it was just a fluke. :)

miriaminspringtown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Springtown, Texas 76082
Thanks got that. I'd like to stick with the probtanks for a little while, the option of the aero base sounds good, can't find any in stock on line at the minute though. All sold out. Arrrrggggg!!!
Kanger US online store has the Aero air flow control base for $4.99
Home - KangerTech US, LLC

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I have replaced the coil in my protank 2 with a micro coil, the same ones I use in my mini protank 2 and evod with no problems.

however, when the protank 2 is about 1/3 full, it begins to gurgle and lose vapour production. blowing through the centre stops this, but only for a short amount of time.

the micro coil is 9 wraps, 30 gauge kanthal, with a cotton wick. I use this same coil in the protank mini, and I can run that down to empty with no issues. I have tried a cotton flavour wick, but this reduces vapour production too much.

any suggestions to sort this out are gratefully appreciated.

I am using the protank 2 on a vamo

Flooding is what you have described. add cotton to your flavor wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread