Protank 3 & oHm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthBombing

Dec 13, 2013
Canada
So i ordered a Vision Spinner VV 1300mAH and a Protank 3 but i just realized that its dual coil, will this setup work if i vape it at the max setting on the spinner ? or what should i vape a dual coil at ?

Also can someone direct me to a thread that talks about what voltage you should change your battery to to match the oHm your vaping at ?

For example would this be right, would it be different for dual coil setups ?

2.2Ohm --- 4.0-4.5V
1.8Ohm --- 3.0-3.8V

All this math is driving me crazy:blink::blink:

Thanks

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
There should be very little difference between dual and single coil Protanks. If both read the same resistance, the same voltage will be acceptable for both. That voltage is up to you, what you like the best. I personally take my resistance (2.0 for example) and add 1.8 to get my preferred voltage (3.8 to finish the example). What I was told when I first started was Resistance+2=Acceptable Voltage +/-.2, so 1.8 is the lower end of that and it works for me. Good luck and don't get too worried about it!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So i ordered a Vision Spinner VV 1300mAH and a Protank 3 but i just realized that its dual coil, will this setup work if i vape it at the max setting on the spinner ? or what should i vape a dual coil at ?

Also can someone direct me to a thread that talks about what voltage you should change your battery to to match the oHm your vaping at ?

For example would this be right, would it be different for dual coil setups ?

2.2Ohm --- 4.0-4.5V
1.8Ohm --- 3.0-3.8V

All this math is driving me crazy:blink::blink:

Thanks

once you are using standard ohms and standard volts is just for you to tweak a little according to your taste.

But for the maths:
don't worry about it being dual coil; all that matters is the ohms.

I think rule of thumb, aim for power of 6 watts.
watts = volts(squared)/ohms
so: volts = squareroot of (watts x ohms)
volts = sqroot of (6 x ohms)

for 2.2 ohms: 3.6 volts
for 1.8 ohms: 3.3 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread