The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Protank 3, same great looks, better vape?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by gbojar, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gbojar

gbojar Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Largo, Florida
    I have to admit I was shocked to hear of a Protank 3 so soon coming off the heals of the Protank 2 and Mini 2, and the Unitanks but then when I heard what the change was I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Fortunately my usual first go to had just gotten them in stock, and two days later I was vapin with my new Protank 3. I was glad to hear, just as it explains in this Protank 3 article, that nothing really changed except the replacement coil of course and the base which had to be adapted for the new coil head. I thought that was a good thing that they can use almost all of the same parts so if something happens to one or the other, it's not a complete loss. Upon first vape I was pleasently surprised that the vape was warmer, more like a top coil, and of course the flavor was good as with most bottom coils, but the vapor was nothing short of spectacular and I am glad I got one even this soon after the others, and I highly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

2. cincy1020

cincy1020 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    USA
    Hi:
    I have never used any of the Protanks before, but I just got the Protank 3. It works great, when it works. I am using it on an e-go c twist, with Johnson Creek VG juice. It it will be working perfectly, then all of a sudden, it will just start dry hitting. I haven't been able to figure out why it does it, nor how to fix it.
    I am actually pretty frustrated by it.

3. eda123

eda123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin
    Love it. No problems at all for me, no leaking or gurgling. I do rinse my heads after every other tank or so and they have been lasting over a week in most cases. I have three protank 3s I rotate through.

I also like that it can use most Protank parts interchangeably. And I really like that you can fully disassemble for cleaning if you want.

I would say it does not beat a well working Aspire for vapor and flavor, but it's close. Since I found the Aspire to be less consistent (one head lasted me 10 min!), and not as easy to clean/maintain, the pt3 was a winner for me.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

4. fogging_katrider

fogging_katrider Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    Tennessee USA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.