Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Well, it is a vendor mistake that sent me a PT3 instead of a PT2. I already had the airflow control base ready to rock once the PT2 arrived. The shipping to send it back plus the shipping to first get it may very well add up to more than just ordering another PT2 would cost. I've got a boatload of Protank/Evod coils and I don't want to "diversify" into more kanger coils, so I'm just debating on whether or not it is worthwhile to keep this PT3 (which so many people seem to hate) or not.

There are lots of places that say the PT3 is backwards compatible, just not the PT3 heads. Like take this thread for example:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/501718-kanger-protank-2-3-coil-questions.html

Clearly at least a few people had no issues using single coil heads in the PT3.

Either way, if I open up the package, the deal is sealed. So it is something of a conundrum :)

Take a base off the EVOD, and put a single coil on it, and try that up in a PT3 and see if it fits.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
Now I'm. Not the brightest bulb on the tree so if someone could clarify what I believe to being stated in this thread. Using an Air Control base for the PT will let you use Single Coils in the P3? This right?

Now my add to the discussion, I had been building PT coils for a year and a half and used cotton as a wick with the Cream / honey organic yarn in half or two of the four threads that make up the yarn. Once you get used to how much cotton to use for best wicking the yarn is consistent the're no leaking issues at all. Once the Kayfun came in the door......no more PT coils for me, twice the flavor, dense thick vapor.
Now you may be wondering....."what the heck are you in a thread about PTs then?"

Well it's Christmas Season and I'm doing some searching for the wife...not for a wife.....I got my limit. For the wife, she likes it simple.... That's why she has me...hence my question about the Air Control. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year

This is just my observation from ONE DAY of use chimsweep, in no way am I saying that it works, just that it HAS worked today. Now about 5ml through it without a leak or gurgle or flood. Protank 3 (authentic), Kanger Airflow Valve V1, "Protank / Evod / Unitank" labeled pack of Kanger Single Coils (authentic) 2.2ohm are the test parts.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
Also worth noting that at this point, I haven't done any of the silicone/rubber grommet on the post fiddling, flipping, doubling up or any of that. Just stock.

70/30 PG/VG juice (Turkish tobacco flavor)

I have only used the airflow wide open as well, which is still a little tight (this I believe is due to the coil's airflow, not the valve).

Last edited:

caroloto

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Freeport, IL
VapingMe.com
Electronic Cigarettes, Vaping Supplies, and Tasty Juice - Vaping Me

I have ordered several times and they have always been really great, and responsive customer support. When the PT2 shows up (who knows when with USPS the way it is right now) they will have a lifelong customer.

Both VapeWild and VapingMe have made my transition to vaping a much easier experience than it could have been. Out of the many, many places I've shopped those two have been the standouts.

I have used Vapingme several times, fast shipping many of the time sent out the same day, the cs is wonderful and if you have a question just send off an email which is answered most of the time within an hour. I do also believe they are a member here too.

Edited to link to VapingMe on ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...forum/622385-get-started-vaping-vapingme.html

Last edited:

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Really? I have to give it a try!

I have been using single coils for about 3 months now, finally bought a couple replacement dual coils 2 wks or so back but just haven't used them since the singles work well enough. My experience with the original dual coils as opposed to the singles is the duel gives a little better flavor, the single gives a little better battery life, otherwise not much different. Last tank I used was a PT1 and I still have half a dozen single coils from it so I tried them and they worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread