• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Protank heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I had got a five pack from Kidney Puncher a few weeks ago, for the price listed above. It was too good to pass up. I also just got some kanthal wire, cotton and silica wicks from him yesterday to try my hand at rebuilding. I would recommend getting a couple and trying them out by putting in cotton wicks. I just fell in love with the ProTank all over again. Granted it was my first rebuild, but next time youre at ButtOut Keith, let me know and I will jet over from my office if I can and be happy to give you one with the cotton rebuild. I would be curious to get someone else's thoughts on the the taste between cotton and silica in the ProTank.

By the way, if you go to KangerTechs website it looks like they are coming out with a ProTank mini. I call dibs! ;).

Cheers.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Cool. I sent a message over to Matt to find out if they sell them in packs or just singles.

I almost hate to go over there to get protank heads just because I know I'm going to buy more juice and I don't need any right now.

I find that I don't really use my protank that much at all lately but loaded it up with some Fire and Ice from Hi-tec to give myself a no nic option and when I tried to switch over to a chocolate mint all I can taste is the cinnamon still...

I have kind of a love hate relationship with the protank.

Sometimes I hate the airy draw and sometimes I prefer it.

Love that its not as juice thirsty as my Iclear 30's though.

The protank mini looks cool but I think it's ego threaded which is a little odd.

Have you checked out Fastechs Kamry protank clone.

Looks a little taller but is way cheaper.

I personally havent pulled the trigger but I might someday.

I had got a five pack from Kidney Puncher a few weeks ago, for the price listed above. It was too good to pass up. I also just got some kanthal wire, cotton and silica wicks from him yesterday to try my hand at rebuilding. I would recommend getting a couple and trying them out by putting in cotton wicks. I just fell in love with the ProTank all over again. Granted it was my first rebuild, but next time youre at ButtOut Keith, let me know and I will jet over from my office if I can and be happy to give you one with the cotton rebuild. I would be curious to get someone else's thoughts on the the taste between cotton and silica in the ProTank.

By the way, if you go to KangerTechs website it looks like they are coming out with a ProTank mini. I call dibs! ;).

Cheers.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I have kind of a love hate relationship with the protank.

Sometimes I hate the airy draw and sometimes I prefer it.

Love that its not as juice thirsty as my Iclear 30's though.

The protank mini looks cool but I think it's ego threaded which is a little odd.

Have you checked out Fastechs Kamry protank clone.

Looks a little taller but is way cheaper.

I personally havent pulled the trigger but I might someday.

If you hate the ProTank airy draw, the tank airflow regulator is really cheap and makes a huge difference. I picked up 2 of them and for me, it made them go from a 6 to an 8. Oh, and then I saw that Craig at KidneyPuncher had them for less ($2.95) after I got them :facepalm:
Tank Airflow Controller - Kidney Puncher

I'm done buying tanks. LOL Besides, I have 5 PTs sitting here. yeah...

I Clear 30: Juice magicians. Vaporized a 30ml bottle in 4 days. Yikes. I do however love the flavor out of these, and I'm still using the original head in mine with no soggy dog or burned flavor (unlike Protanks, 2 days and :blink: ). Wish I'd had the IC30's before the ProTanks. I wouldn't have bought the PTs. :glare:

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
The thirsty little Iclear 30's are actually what got me to break my protank back out.

I've gone thru about 18mls of juice just this weekend chain vaping here at work...

I just put in a bulk order of Iclear 16's from slowtech to ween me off of the 30's (Buying 5 of them took the price down to something crazy like $2.65 each.)

Those probably won't be here for awhile and I'm going to try and forget that I ordered them...

I have seen the air flow control but just haven't been able to pull the trigger on them yet.

Might just do that now.

Most recently I have been falling in love with carto tanks

And even more recently I bought a couple boxes of Boge non punched cartos and might be loving them as much if not more.

Great for sampling juices.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I am not a big fan of my iClear 30...I tend to put my least favorite juice in my rotation in there, then if I start liking the juice I move it to a different take. I think that metallic tip is my biggest problem.

The iClear 16s have preformed fantastic for me. I have got 3 now, but my biggest problem with them has been the replacement coils are fairly expensive in my opinion. After successfully rebuilding a ProTank, Vivi Mini Nova, T3M and a CE6, I made a crack at trying to rebuild and old iClear 16 coil and I don't think it is humanly possible. I can't find any info on the net either of someone successfully rebuilding one.

I'm finding myself loving the BCC alot more now, especially now that I can rebuild them so easily...I did pick up a Kanger EVOD over the weekend and paid way to much for it because it was the closest shop and I could only stand being in 120 degree weather so long. Anyway, the tank is now my new favorite. If you put a ProTank head on it the EVOD performs like a beast. Going to see if Matt has any EVODs later today.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I bought 2 BBC tanks. Jeeze, forgot all about them! I haven't tried them yet. I liked that I could use a different drip tip with them if I wanted and that they had the nifty metal fitted case for dropping one with 2 spare heads in my purse just in case I ever mess up a tank when out. So many toys, so little time to f-with them. *sigh*

I also bought 30 evod heads a while back (when I ordered the 1st SVD from FastTech. They were dirt cheap, I think about $1.10 ea after the coupon code discount for that sale). Haven't tried them in the ProTanks since I have the airflow thinggie on there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread