ProTank Mini II - Crooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

deglobas

Aug 26, 2010
sun valley
Hi there,

I recently purchased 10 protank mini II (v2) from eBay. The seller had very high ratings and I checked the authenticity codes with kanger's website, so before you say it, I'm pretty sure they were real despite being from eBay.

My issue is that each one is somewhat crooked, from very slight to moderately severe. I tried to capture a picture at the best angle to demonstrate what I mean. (sorry about the image being sideways, I cant for the life of me figure out how to rotate it.)

IMG_0315.jpg

I haven't had a change to hook it up to any battery as they haven't arrived yet, so I'm not sure if they work properly, but there doesn't appear to be any leaks.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Its sort of disconcerting given that these things aren't cheap.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

bkVolcom

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI
i have one but havent torn it all the way apart, but from what i can tell the bottom edge would have to be machined crooked or the glass cut crooked for that to happen.

i got mine at a b+m and it had a working code. and the mismatched base just like pictured (that drives me crazy) it stands straight up like it should.

my step fathers set up was crooked too but his was an easy fix, when his clearo got stuck on he made the the press fitting on the ego battery connection crooked trying to get it off.:facepalm:

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Exchange it, if he's reputable seller, shouldn't be an issue. I got some bad coils from Kanger legit sellers, now I just rebuild them

Now come to think of it, I got one from eBay and had serial number (new implementation from kanger) which was authentic per their website, it had really tight draw. I gave it to my friend, I'm primarily using Kayfuns. But my old Protank 2 which I got from apollo ecig was never that tight. I'm using the Pegasus sandwich method (YouTube Pegasus kanger tank rebuild), cotton on the bottom silica middle and cotton on top. No gurgling etc. definitely look into kanger aero adapter or splurge on those aspire nautilus aero tanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Hi there,

I recently purchased 10 protank mini II (v2) from eBay. The seller had very high ratings and I checked the authenticity codes with kanger's website, so before you say it, I'm pretty sure they were real despite being from eBay.

My issue is that each one is somewhat crooked, from very slight to moderately severe. I tried to capture a picture at the best angle to demonstrate what I mean. (sorry about the image being sideways, I cant for the life of me figure out how to rotate it.)

View attachment 313196

I haven't had a change to hook it up to any battery as they haven't arrived yet, so I'm not sure if they work properly, but there doesn't appear to be any leaks.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Its sort of disconcerting given that these things aren't cheap.

Thanks in advance

I can rotate your pic!!

0minipt.jpg

Are they all gotch-eyed like that?? If it were just one, I'd say you got it cross-threaded.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Whatever that is - it's wrong.

Please understand the big disconnect on eBay between a seller rating - did you get it on time, did you get a shipping notice etc. - and the fact that a seller rating is not a product review. The guy has an excellent rating for delivering defective goods in a timely manner...

I have never seen a PT like that. You may have verified that you have a genuine Kanger box - but what got put in that box could be a very different thing.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thinking back now, I'm not sure that the boxes had a silver seal on them like I have seen in some videos (I stupidly threw the boxes away). Everything else looks like the genuine mini protank pictures I see online, so I'm just not sure. Maybe they were factory rejects?

Very likely. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I never buy my vaping supplies from eBay. I have a few favorite e-cig vendors whom I trust and I know that if something is wrong, they will work with me to resolve the issue. I also know that they sell genuine products.

Xtro

Feb 25, 2014
Northants UK
Try to unscrew it and take it apart. Check all the pieces individually and make sure they at least look true and not sitting at an angle.
Make sure the two rubber seal rings are there and in place. One should be attached to the top of the glass tube. The other sits in the metal ring at the base. Check also the threading on the base. Mine doesn't run as smoothly as I'd like and I'm always a bit careful screwing it back together again. Reassemble and see if resolves your problem.
As far as buying authentic, I'd echo the comments to buy from a few trusted vendors. I've never bought from ebay. Don't even know if mine is authentic. It came with a scratch card to verify the number online. Haven't bothered yet and it works fine so far, other than the scratchy thread on the gunmetal base.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
First off if the boxes weren't factory sealed then you probably got a used/reconditioned tank. Now I have bent my minis when they got dropped and hit the drip tip. The base metal is soft and does bend but you can bend it straight just as easily. However they should not have come bent. The rep I talked to said they don't even sell defective tanks like that even as a reconditioned product. IF they are all like that then I would put fault on the seller and not Kanger. I have yet to get a kanger tank with other than a small cosmetic flaw and even those are rare. I did get a mini that had a rough edge on the tank glass and bad coils but Kanger readily replaced it with a new one and some coil packs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread