ProTank Mini II - Crooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

deglobas

Aug 26, 2010
sun valley
Hi there,

I recently purchased 10 protank mini II (v2) from eBay. The seller had very high ratings and I checked the authenticity codes with kanger's website, so before you say it, I'm pretty sure they were real despite being from eBay.

My issue is that each one is somewhat crooked, from very slight to moderately severe. I tried to capture a picture at the best angle to demonstrate what I mean. (sorry about the image being sideways, I cant for the life of me figure out how to rotate it.)

IMG_0315.jpg

I haven't had a change to hook it up to any battery as they haven't arrived yet, so I'm not sure if they work properly, but there doesn't appear to be any leaks.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Its sort of disconcerting given that these things aren't cheap.

Thanks in advance!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hello, deglobas,

I have a Davide that does the same thing... the gap is at the base where the tank section screws on after I fill it. The Davide is almost a ProTank Clone... it is extremely similar (it can also PT and EVOD Heads). The ProTank I and II Base is the same diameter as the Davide Base and has the same threads for the tank and Heads, but the PT Base has a little different airflow, so I bought one at the same time to see the difference in airflow. Both Bases screw on at an angle, so it's the threading in the tank section. It works without any leaks there, so I haven't worried about it.

I rotated your picture to see the angle better . . .

ProTankIIMini_zps6462ca10.jpg

It looks to me that you have the exact same problem... the threads in the tank section, because your base stands straight. Nice shot using ruled paper, by the way.

I bought mine from an e-cig vendor, but IMO we really have no way of knowing if we are getting genuine products or clones when we buy these things. I think some vendors may purchase from FastTech to get cheaper prices, and FastTech often carries Clones.

You have the option of dealing with the vendor to try to get replacements that are straight, or getting a refund, but you only have so much time to do that, if they allow returns at all.

Good Luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread