Protected cr2 charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Thanks hoogie, guess I'll give the Ad-108 a try. Looks huge though for a cr2. Also fits an 18650??

Lets see what else I can put in my cart while you're taking all my money ;)

BTW, when do you expect to get more 555 liquid in?

lol, lotus.. We have 30 ml 555 and ry4 that shipped on tuesday so if all goes well, maybe next week..

Thanks, Mark

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
The AG-126 and AD-103 will both charge the CR2's the only issue is the space is bigger than the battery so it needs a filler. I use a few dimes but you can buy conductive spacers also.. the Ad-108 will natively charge CR2's, 14250's and some of the smalle types with the little popup tabs..

hoog

Help! Got my Ad-108 charger today along with some more batts. This charger is way too big to charge a CR2. I can even stick 2 of them in end to end - not that I'd ever charge 'em like that 8-o - and they still barely make contact :confused:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I wondering about the charger cutoff at full charge. The 3.7 Li-Ion batteries are fully charged at 4.2v and the chargers cut off at that voltage. I believe the 3v batteries have a max charge of 3.6v?
Does the protection circuit protect against overcharge? If so, what is the threshold for the protection circuit? It seems that you would want a charger specifically for 3v batteries.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I wondering about the charger cutoff at full charge. The 3.7 Li-Ion batteries are fully charged at 4.2v and the chargers cut off at that voltage. I believe the 3v batteries have a max charge of 3.6v?
Does the protection circuit protect against overcharge? If so, what is the threshold for the protection circuit? It seems that you would want a charger specifically for 3v batteries.

What my battery supplier told me and I should probably verify this..

CR2's are actually a regular 4.2v li-ion cell but the output is regulated down to 3 volts (about 3.3 on a full charge)..

I can also get 14250's in a 3 volt and a 3.7 volt version and the only difference is what protection board they put on them.. Same thing with the CR2's which are actually a 15270 that can be 3 volts or 3.7..

hoog

hoog

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
What my battery supplier told me and I should probably verify this..

CR2's are actually a regular 4.2v li-ion cell but the output is regulated down to 3 volts (about 3.3 on a full charge)..

I can also get 14250's in a 3 volt and a 3.7 volt version and the only difference is what protection board they put on them.. Same thing with the CR2's which are actually a 15270 that can be 3 volts or 3.7..

hoog

I guess that would make sense. Somehow I have the idea that the voltage (for a single cell) is tied to the technology. lol, electrician I am not.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Help! Got my Ad-108 charger today along with some more batts. This charger is way too big to charge a CR2. I can even stick 2 of them in end to end - not that I'd ever charge 'em like that 8-o - and they still barely make contact :confused:

You have to flip up the little tab thingies and then pop the batts in the short slot.. It'll fit cr2's, 18350's, 14250's with the tabs up..

hoog

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
You have to flip up the little tab thingies and then pop the batts in the short slot.. It'll fit cr2's, 18350's, 14250's with the tabs up..

hoog

Duh! Yep, it charges 'em right up.

I'd like to get one made for 3v, but this will do for now. Protected cr2's come off at 3.45v. Nice that it has separate charging channels.

Tried an unprotected cr2 and it came off at 3.8v. Won't do that again. ;)

EDIT: After about 10 minutes, the protected cr2s calmed down to 3.2v, the unprotected to 3.4v.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread