Protecting that button....

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Greets,

Steven.RN here, haven't been around on the Chuck forum in a while as life has taken a real busy turn (god I an tired of 60 hour weeks....)

Anyhoodle, I was scrolling through the forum and wondered if anyone ever came up with a way to prevent misfires (in pocket, in shoulderbag, on car seat (ouch, put a burn into my car seat on my 1 week old brand new 2011 ride when it rolled under my briefcase.... :shock:

I remember someone doing something with a washer but shucks, my memory is going in my old age.... any developments? I'd use nothing but chucks for the rest of my life if I could solve the switch thing (I know, I know, but I always forget to like unscrew the atty)

TY folks!

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I haven't had any switch problems at all since the one time and it just needed cleaning. I've dropped the hell out of it though and my gunsmoke chuck hit the blacktop and the shiny covering over the image blistered and chipped, also dented it but he still works. I'll send it in eventually and hopefully Jeff can redo it. I LOVE that chuck.

As far as I know, no new switch developments.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
This might be ghetto as HELL but what I do is I have a square eraser cap that came on a mechanical pencil and I just tape that over my switch. No misfires since. I just remove it when I need to use it.

I think you just gave me a really good idea. I'ma make a trip to home depot my next day off and when I'm done, I'll post pix.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
I haven't had any switch problems at all since the one time and it just needed cleaning. I've dropped the hell out of it though and my gunsmoke chuck hit the blacktop and the shiny covering over the image blistered and chipped, also dented it but he still works. I'll send it in eventually and hopefully Jeff can redo it. I LOVE that chuck.

As far as I know, no new switch developments.

Loving your Chuck goes without saying ;-)

I think there's an elegant solution to unintentional switch presses (I know, I'm a klutz) that I'm going to work on... I love the switch itself; it's reliable and cleanable and simple. (hmm... kinda like me.... *g*).

airpoff22

Moved On
Feb 12, 2011
texas
Get a loop of Velcro not the kind that has adhesive (wouldn't want to mess with the paint) and a piece of rubber tubing just big enough to cover the button. Glue the tubing to the Velcro and when you ready to vape just pull the Velcro off and there you go. You could even strap your atty or cartomizer under the Velcro next to the switch. Get this stuff at home depot or lowes.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I was pondering about a neoprene coozie that was just a tube, no bottom and a hole for the botton. Dang, I wish my mom lived closer, she has a fancy schmancy sewing machine. This came about because, yep, dropped the brand new baby and got a tiny chip on the top end cap. Grrrrrr...
I don't have switch problems but I am just hard as heck on these things and it is always on concrete or asphalt. I'll be getting little chuck back on Sunday and then Gunsmoke chuck goes into Jeff for cosmetic surgery. He still works like a champ, better than ever but that one is most special to me and I'd like to fix him up.

I don't sew for beans, not even buttons on shirts. My daughter does a bit but has a crap machine. Maybe I should see if she could get it running and we could make a proto and then I can send materials off to mom and have her do them up. This will require me going to one of those fabric/hobby stores, which might kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread