Protection in MOD (Lowest ohms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
I was looking to start using some form of protection in my mech mod.
my normal go to vape is my EA MOD (Clone) with the RSST on it 0.9 ohms.

But I do like my rda's with 0.5 ohms and sometimes lower. which brings me to my next question. Is there a fuse I can use that would let me use any of these configurations? I know the KICK only works from 1.3 - 3 ohms. I actually have a couple of 2 Cents Vape Safe Fuses, but I believe they are only recommended to use in the same ohms as the KICK, maybe even higher of a range.

I did hear of the ShortStop and you can use it over, but I did some reading and I did not see the recommended range it was intended to work in.

I am sure there are several of you masters out there that can help me.

The reason I am looking now is my EHPro side fire button gets hot after several chain vapes on a 0.5 ohm Patriot clone with the new Sony vyc5 30A batteries. I does not get hot with the RSSP (0.9 ohm) on it.

I have a couple quality rda's coming in and hopefully that will help. I am also going to give a good cleaning with Noalox. My connections are gold plated brass, so I can't sand it.

Ughhhhhhhh.....frustrating........Please help me out ECF!:unsure::mad:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hi Cagen...

I was looking to start using some form of protection in my mech mod.
my normal go to vape is my EA MOD (Clone) with the RSST on it 0.9 ohms.

But I do like my RDA's with 0.5 ohms and sometimes lower. which brings me to my next question. Is there a fuse I can use that would let me use any of these configurations?
The Kick 2, rated at 6a/15w... is good to 0.5Ω.

The reason I am looking now is my EHPro side fire button gets hot after several chain vapes on a 0.5 ohm Patriot clone with the new Sony vyc5 30A batteries. I does not get hot with the RSSP (0.9 ohm) on it.
You have a continuity/contact issue... button resistance, which should be 0.0Ω, is greater than that, and approaching the 0.5Ω of your RDA.

I have a couple quality RDA's coming in and hopefully that will help.
They won't help your mech mod... but hey, they may improve your vape. ;-)

I am also going to give a good cleaning with Noalox. My connections are gold plated brass, so I can't sand it.
Cleaning with 95%+ IPA and using a silver based grease (click my second sig line and scroll down the article to silver grease) on the button contact may improve continuity.

AngryCagen

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
NOLA
www.facebook.com
Read your link. The silver conductive grease looks top of the line. Especially for $25 a pop for a little sirenge loaded tube..,DAAAAAAAAAAMNN.............that price is SICKASTITS!! lol

I gave my MOD a SUPER clean down yesterday with toothpaste and a toothbrush.....cleaned all contacts....then applied NO-Gard to it and the button did not get as hot...but if I chained vaped enough and took long puffs I could get it hot....Not that I am trying to, but my point is I can get it hot if I want...And I was using a 0.5 ohm build...........btw,,,what is the ALT+**** code for the ohm symbol I see people use all over this forum? sorry, every time I see it or need to spell it out I can't help but think that............

I have ordered some and can't wait to apply it. I just want to be safe and set an example for being responsible. I would like to keep our target as small as possible when media and others try to find stuff to shoot at and bring the Vape World down.. So keep in mind vaper world that we need to be responsible and address any issue we come across and share this stuff to educate others who may go looking for the same answers...ok, that was my PSA for the Day....

I'll have to keep you posted after it comes in and I apply it. Thanks again for the link and educating me even more Stae O' Flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread