The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVape-1 V2

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by Liv2Ski, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    For my 90 day analog free mark I wanted to reward myself with a MOD. After much research, vid review watching etc. I narrowed it down to 3 contenders. I went with the Provape.

I ordered the Provape starter kit unit on Friday Oct 8 at 5:55pm EST and had a shipping confirmation within a 1/2 hour! Thanks to Columbus day I had an extended wait from our friends at the USPS! The unit arrived Thursday and has not left me hand yet (yes I slept with it!!!). The unit came well packaged and the Provape team even went the extra mile to precharge one of the batteries prior to shipment!

The list of safety features on the ProVape is commendable but what really struck me is how well made the unit is. The tolerances on this baby are tight and all parts fit together extremely well and cleanly. When in hand you immediately know you are holding onto a fine piece of hardware. It is well balanced and it just feels "right" when you are holding it

I added the AW batteries as an option and they perform wonderfully. I am using the Provape to drive both LR510 and Cisco LR306 atty's. I have been using an eGo and I can certainly tell the difference when I get those extra .3 volts out of this device. I would highly reccomend the AW batts for anyone pulling through LR attys.

The unit has performed better than my expectations and provides consistant performance throughout the battery discharge cycle. They have provided ample room in the cup so that sometimes overzelous drippers like me do not end up with sauce hand. The cup machining provides just the right amount of airflow through my prefered atty's.

Most ECF members probably already have the below link but just in case:

ProVape-1

I will be sitting tight and patiently waiting to place my order when they bring to market the next addition to their line up the ProVari.:vapor:

2. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Liv Congratulations on the 90 days !!
    I researched too and also narrowed it down to 3...Bought the ProVape for my 6 month present !
    I love it !!!!

3. Liv2Ski

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Classwife - I am hoping the ProVari is ready to go by my 4 month. I do so enjoy milestones with this hobby and buying something new when I reach one. Seems I keep rationalising milestones ---- what to get for the 100 day??????? BTW nice avatar for the season.

4. eHuman

eHuman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I ordered a Big Brother variable volt for my 3 month aniversary, it's still over a week out :( I can't wait.

Grats!

5. Liv2Ski

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Heres hoping the week flies by for you. I know how painful the wait can be. On Thursday the tracking said the ProVape was out for delivery. When I got home @4:30pm the mail was in my box but no packages! I went to the Post Office they called the carrier on her cellphone and she had 3 packages on the truck. I asked what is up with that? They had her drive back to my house and drop them off.

Way to go on the 3 months!!! I hope the Big Brother rocks the house for you!

6. Para

Para Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2010
    Texas
    That should be within a week.

7. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    I'd say that's in the "Fat Chance" dept. It's neigh onto two weeks past the "give me two weeks" statement. All I can say is. . .it'll come when it comes.

Cheers,
    otrpu

8. breaktru

breaktru Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey Liv2ski, If my Tornado blows up, the ProVape may be my next PV if....., I have a Question about using eGo Mega Attys, I think I already know the answer. I do not see threads on the base of the PV. On an eGo the Cone threads into it. This would be where the Mega atty threads into also. So I imagine that you can NOT use Megas on the ProVape. I know you can use 510 atts because they screw into the center threads not the outer threads.
    Thanks for all the informative info. It sounds like if you are an "LR"er the ProVape is the perfect choice. Dam, I really like the look of it. I hope maybe there will be a future adapter with the outer threads.

Same goes for TheBuzz

9. Liv2Ski

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    I have not used the mega atty on my eGos. I got hooked on the LR's and I went on a little bender stocking up on them 15- LR306's & 10 - LR510's. If the mega uses the cone threads then that would not work on the Provape. I really dig this Provape and as stated above it is a really well crafted device. If you can tear yourself away from the mega you would really enjoy this unit with a LR. I am still using my eGos too so if you really like the megas you can have the best of both worlds with a mega on the eGo and a LR on 3.7 Mod. A unit in each hand elevates chain vaping to a whole new level.

10. classwife

Supporting member
    The eGo mega atty does not use the cone threads. It has a connector just like a regular atty. There is a "skirt" that extends to the ridge on the battery. You can't use it as is on the ProVape. There is a piece from something that others said can be used to bridge it up...don't know what it is so someone else will have to take over....(something about a wallwart maybe ???)

11. breaktru

breaktru Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sorry classwife but, my eGo Mega atty DOES use the threads on the ego where the cone would normally go. At least the one I got from TheVaporPro. Perhaps there are other versions of the Mega atty.

12. classwife

Supporting member
    Shame on me....was waaay past my bed time...I thought I read cartos !!!!!! ( and I even typed atty)

My sincerest !

I have not used a mega atty........Thank you, good cover !!!

13. MichaelOz

MichaelOz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Hi Liv, thank you for the excellent review!

I too had decided on getting a new PV, I wanted something with a replaceable battery model. Out of my 3 options I was thinking of the Provape, the Eastmall Indulgence and the original Screwdriver.

I think all 3 devices seem like good options, but I went with Provape because I think its the best looking PV I've ever seen. The Indulgence can operate at 5v's though. However Eastmall impose a minimum order of around $170 to my country, so I decided well for that type of money, I would definitely get the Provape which appears to be a much better quality unit.

Mine is arriving soon and I've also ordered the AW batteries. All I can say is so far the service from David at Provape has been outstanding.

I will give a full detailed review once I have mine. But from what I've heard, everyone seems to love their Provape.

14. stevenejb

stevenejb Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2011
    Kansas City
    I have an ego-t right now and found quickly that I dislike the tanks, unfortunately. They mute/mask the flavors of juices. So I started using LR cartomizers to see if that made life better. They do pump up flavor and increase vapor production but I'm still getting annoyed. As soon as I take the ego-t battery off the charger I get a great vaping experience. Over time the experience gets worse and worse because the battery is draining. Eventually I find myself taking longer drags just to get close to the production I had right off the charger. Would the ProVape-1 v2.1 resolve this issue I'm experiencing from off charger to discharge with the AW batteries? I know the ProVari is out there but I'm not really interested in VV at this point in time. I just want to get a solid and simple setup that provides steady performance from start to finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.