Provari--200$ is a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracu

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
new jersey
I just received my provari mini the other day and I feel like I am vaping for the first time. I cannot believe that I did not purchase this 2 years ago. I feel into the same trap as most people on all these forums complaining that 200 dollars is expensive for this type of pv.

I blame myself for not realizing I was spending 200 dollars a month to smoke and I was worried about spending 200 for total excellence. What a sap I am. Think about it. Everyone on these forums had to at least spend 100 dollars a month smoking. If you were not spending that kind of money then you were never addicted to analogs in the first place.

I was paying online only 3 dollars a pack and it cost me 200 a month, 2400 per year and I was worried about 200. That is ridiculous. I used the kgo and the silver bullet and now I have the Vamo. They do not even come close to being as good as this pv. I read somewhere that the provari is old news. That is like saying a Rolls Royce is old news.

Excellence can never get old. I also read people say that it did not look good relative to other mods. I doubt that very much. This black mini is a pv that you can bring to a black tie affair and no-one would laugh at you. I know people are going to say the darwin and the reo's are just as good or better...Personally, I would never leave my house with a box mod. I think they look ridiculous...lol, I really mean it.

If I ever went on a date with a girl and took out one of those box mods, I do not think there would be a second date...lol! Forget how precise it is and how well made...what really impressed me was the fact that the last vape just before the battery died was just as good as the first vape with the battery fully charged. I find that very impressive.

My advice to any new person who is interested in vaping to buy this pv as soon as possible and save yourself aggravation and money. All you have to do is watch a few videos and you will be fine. Phil Busardo has a great video on the provari. The menu is simple...do not know why people complain about that..seemed pretty simple to me.

This is what I think anyway...the next pv I buy will be another provari and then another until there is something better. I do not think there is a better all around pv than this...if there is show me.

Last edited:

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
I have a REO and it's a sexy beast and I'm a woman. I plan to also get a Provari, and I plan to love them both equally as two of the best mods out there with the added bonus of both being American made.

I love my REO for the ease of use and great flavors only dripping can offer, without all the fiddling of dripping as a bottom fed dripper.

And I know I'm going to love my future Provari for what IT will bring to my vaping table.

I guess my point is, there's no reason Provari and REO, arguably two of the best mods in the market, have to compete when you can have and love both. :D

Congratulations on your new mini! I'm trying to decide between bronze, black, or satin silver.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I have a REO and it's a sexy beast and I'm a woman. I plan to also get a Provari, and I plan to love them both equally as two of the best mods out there with the added bonus of both being American made.

I love my REO for the ease of use and great flavors only dripping can offer, without all the fiddling of dripping as a bottom fed dripper.

And I know I'm going to love my future Provari for what IT will bring to my vaping table.

I guess my point is, there's no reason Provari and REO, arguably two of the best mods in the market, have to compete when you can have and love both. :D

Congratulations on your new mini! I'm trying to decide between bronze, black, or satin silver.

Sent from my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk 2

There seems to be many like you that own both Provaris and REOs. Like you said, they are 2 very different beasts, that deliver 2 different amazing experiences.

I have 2 Provaris I bought used. I am going to be on the lookout for a good deal on a used REO.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Diedrich

Oct 31, 2013
Ridgefield CT USA
I looked at provape.com and you tube a little bit but came running back here. What exactly is the provari? You need a special battery too? What do you use it with? Can you use it with a protank? I want the very best set up as long as it will last a long time, if you are telling me this is it I am going to do it. (Was thinking about spending much less for a spinner battery to go with pro tank, is this really far superior?... Any guidance appreciated, I'm excited.

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
I looked at provape.com and you tube a little bit but came running back here. What exactly is the provari? You need a special battery too? What do you use it with? Can you use it with a protank? I want the very best set up as long as it will last a long time, if you are telling me this is it I am going to do it. (Was thinking about spending much less for a spinner battery to go with pro tank, is this really far superior?... Any guidance appreciated, I'm excited.

A Provari is an American made variable voltage advanced vaporizer.

No special batteries required, other than those used by other devices - 18490 and 18650 high drain IMR lithium ion.

It works just fine with a Protank. I have a Protank 2 on mine right now. Look around the ECF Provari user group and you will see many protanks.

Can't compare to a spinner, or any other variable voltage system. I went from cig-a-likes to a mechanical to a Provari. I can say the provari gives an excellent vaping experience and the first vape of a battery is the same as the last (the opposite of a mechanical).

Is it worth the cost? To me yes. To other on this forum? no.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I bought my first provari a year and a half into my vaping journey and felt the same way you do. Since then, other than a few mechanicals, I've don't even consider another vv/vw device. Don't discount the box mod. I have several and have used them over the years right along side the provaris. If you took a Reo on your date... and she doesn't like it... she's not worth a second date anyway
dancing-064.gif

dracu

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
new jersey
I bought my first provari a year and a half into my vaping journey and felt the same way you do. Since then, other than a few mechanicals, I've don't even consider another vv/vw device. Don't discount the box mod. I have several and have used them over the years right along side the provaris. If you took a Reo on your date... and she doesn't like it... she's not worth a second date anyway
dancing-064.gif

lol..you are probably right...I am sure those box mods are great but I cannot do it...lol

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010

Provape sell the mini which takes a 18350 batt and a standard, which takes a 18490 batt. They also sell extension caps to use on the mini (you can then use an 18490 batt) and the standard (to use an 18650 batt) It is a variable voltage device. which means you can start out at 2.9 volts and work your way up to 6 volts. It also measures your atomizer resistance.. meaning if you put a protank on it, you can press the button 13 times and it will tell you what your resistance or ohms is. Then you set your voltage accordingly. Kinda like using a manual camera. A good rule of thumb is to set your voltage "2" above the resistance reading.. meaning that if your coil in your protank reads 2.5Ω then set your voltage to 4.5v and see how you like it...then you can adjust up or down.

The provari has amp and wattage limits... meaning it will not run something that may be dangerous for you (or it) it will not go above 3.5amps or 15 watts.. it will give an E2 error on the screen, telling you to turn the voltage down. It also detects shorts in your coil or juice delivery device (E1) further protecting you.

What I like best of all is what you set is what you get. Many devices tell you one thing on the led readout but give you something different, especially underload (when you fire the device with a juice delivery device on it) but not the provari... if you set it to say, 4volts.. 4 volts is what you will get PERIOD. With a load and without a load. This may not be important to some people but it is to others. It's a well made, sturdy device and comes with a one year warranty with the option to purchase ($25) another year. After that, provape will repair it very inexpensively. It's not a disposable device.

Anyway.. what you would need besides the provari itself is batteries and a charger. Provape recommends aw imr, which they sell. The charger can also be bought at provape. you already have a protank and presumably juice.

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
lol..you are probably right...I am sure those box mods are great but I cannot do it...lol

I'm tempted to sic super_x_drifter on you LOL Take a look at his video intro.. gives me chill bumps!

Right up until the part where he says "Hey Ya'll" in that beautiful southern accent ;)

Last edited:

Diedrich

Oct 31, 2013
Ridgefield CT USA
Thanks for so much information donnah! A few follow up questions if you don't mind, or anyone else wants to add. What is the advantage of measuring ohms? Is the idea that even though I may have what says is a single coil 1.8 ohm single coil atomizer on my Protank2, it might not actually be resisting at that level (either constant under, constant over, or ongoing variance in the ohm levels) which leads to poorer vaping performance - which you can therefore correct for by raising or lowering the wattage? Can you vape without putting anything else on it (like a protank mini) besides the battery? I'm still trying to get my head around this because since you can add something like a mini-p, than that would almost seem like "double vaping". I know I must sound confused, partially because I might not be up to speed on my electrical physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread