ProVari and Dual Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgail

Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Central Ohio
I love my ProVari rock solid performance and all the other that goes with it. Just got it back from being serviced and it's like new from some pretty nasty couple of years abuse, the worse being it had fell from my purse without realizing found it later in the bushes in my yard after a heavy rain storm. Picked it up an literally poured the water out of it. I packed it in rice for a few days not thinking it would save it but it fired up first time try. I went from an eGo to the ProVari skipping all the in between but when I left the eGo I loved the dual coil boge carts so when the innokin came out I dropped the viva nova and went that route until I discovered that was the first limitation of the ProVari that dual coil would not work properly. It would read the dual settings flipping from one to the next I remember but it just would not hit the same each time and no vapor. By that time the Kangers were out and I have stuck to that until now the Aero tank which is also dual coil. I have one and have not tried it and the B&M I bought it also sells ProVari one of the few places and the associate tells me I'm incorrect that the ProVari can use dual coil. SO I'm asking the vets....what is correct. Thanks.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Watts are pretty much watts. 8 watts on a single and a dual are the same. The difference is that on a dual coil when you get 8 watts total your getting 4 watts per coil. That also says you can go higher on the watts and in theory get 2 times the vapor. But the wick system is the limiting factor. Any mod can use dual coils as long as the total resistance is with in their operating envelope. The Porvarii's will handle 1.5 ohms with no sweet. Just keep in mind that if you start getting an error code to back down the voltage. View attachment Copy of vap watts calc v3.xlsx Ohms law explained simply.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread