Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Always a pleasure to see you still here DP, and I still have a bunch of AW cells still at storage charge, from when ProVape was closing down with fire sale pricing...gonna toss all my old cells and put them in rotation now, should be solid for a couple more years with all battery sizes with my multitude of ProVari's...

Thanks, E. I've been a weekend warrior here lately, due mainly to.they who pay my bills. We've all been there... ;)

As for stuff, yeah. I think we'll be okay. I also think some of the battery craziness will mellow out too. I find it difficult to believe that 18650s are going anywhere, considering all the things that rely on them.

I guess we'll find out. I'll make the popcorn, and I'll put some out on the bike paths for you. :cool:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    We know you wouldn't lie to us, Smacs. You're "ANGELIC"! :rolleyes: :D
    I really did. I was ready to to reply. But, I couldn't recall which one having never bought them before :oops:.

Now, what about the other 2 sizes? Are we still relegated to Efists? :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I really did. I was ready to to reply. But, I couldn't recall which one having never bought them before :oops:.

Now, what about the other 2 sizes? Are we still relegated to Efists? :lol:

Outside of my range, sorry. My experiment with smaller batteries lasted about a minute. I couldn't rationalize the idea of cutting my run time in half for less than an inch.

I have just two sizes now. 18650 and 16340 (for Billet Box Rev3s). No need (me) for anything smaller, nor for anything larger. My needs are covered. :)

Subjectively stated, of course. :vapor:

Reactions: smacuser

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I use 18490 batteries in my Provaris. My AW batteries are starting to show their age, and will need to be replaced eventually. Does anyone have experience with these batteries and this vendor?

Let's face it, the Provari was designed for 18490/500 cells.

I also have a little Mako Midi that uses 14500 cells, and I have found that the Nitecore is the best choice out there (at this time). So when it become time to change bats for my Provaris', that Nitecore cell will probably be what I'll choose. (but that is probably 5 years down the road)

Last edited:

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Let's face it, the Provari was designed for 18490/500 cells.

I also have a little Mako Midi that uses 14500 cells, and I have found that the Nitecore is the best choice out there (at this time). So when it become time to change bats for my Provaris', that Nitecore cell will probably be what I'll choose. (but that is probably 5 years down the road)

Yep. A Provari in 18650 mode reminds me of a Jedi Light Sabre.

My 14 AW batteries seem to be doing OK, though they don't get as much use as they did a couple years ago. I've been carrying pod mods to work, and I only use a Provari half the time at home now. I guess I could sell some of my Provaris. I used think they were all I'd ever want, so I stocked up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread