Status
Not open for further replies.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I've never really timed it. The shorter battery w/MAP tank, I have to refill the MAP before the batt ever begins to blink. I usually swap it out as soon as it starts to blink. If I had to guess I'd say at least 6 hours, and maybe on towards 8. I'm talkin about when I'm home and doin nuttin but sittin watching tv and vapin pretty much the whole time. I hit it at least twice a minute. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
AZ
My charger gives my 18650 IMR high drain batts from Provape a 4.0 or 4.1 charge, according to Provari's built-in tester. Starting with this level of charge, I run a batt down to 3.7 volts after two hours of heavy vaping with the Provari at about a 4.2 volt setting. That's when I switch batts in hopes of making them live longer (last for more recharges). A short (18490) batt, also from Provape, will start flashing after two hours of same, which happily matches my charger time for recharging the 18650s. Lower voltage settings definitely give more vape time on a charge.

Last edited:

Valentine Michael Smith

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Pacific Northwest
OK, I'm looking on the back of mine. 99% is in Chinese, however, the input/output figures are not.
Input: AC100-240V/47-63HZ
Output: 1.2V/700mA
4.2V/600mA
Multi-function intelligent charger
Model: HG-1206W
ZL200620167389X

The batteries:
Color - RED
Sticker - AW
IMR 18490 3.7V 1100mAh

Buy a Pila Charger.

Why spend the kind of cash you dropped on that Provari and not make sure you have a good charger?

Just my opinion.

I have a Provari on order and I already have the batts and a good charger waiting for it.

Just my two cents.

VMS

Last edited:

DjSaneR

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
South Windsor, CT.
Why spend the kind of cash you dropped on that a Provari and not make sure you have a good charger?

I agree and don't have a problem spending money on a quality charger. The only reason why I used this one is because it charged the 3.7 batteries of my Chuck. With that said, are the specs that I posted not up to par for the batteries I have?

DjSaneR

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
South Windsor, CT.
OK, I'm looking on the back of mine. 99% is in Chinese, however, the input/output figures are not.
Input: AC100-240V/47-63HZ
Output: 1.2V/700mA
4.2V/600mA
Multi-function intelligent charger
Model: HG-1206W
ZL200620167389X

After about 45 minutes of digging through e-receipts I found that I am indeed using an incorrect charger for these batteries. THIS is the one I have from MadVapes.
Just ordered the correct one from ProVari. Hopefully they have one in stock.

Thank you to all who offered assistance and input!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
If I'm reading that correctly, your info shows it runing an input voltage of 240 volts to put out 4.2 volts. I would check the charger with a multi-meter and see what the volts measure on the battery while it's charging.

House hold current in the US is 120 volts.

Actually, it shows that it will take anywhere from 100VAC to 240VAC. That flexibility is becoming more and more common for the input stage.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
But at 100 volt input it only gets 1.2 volts output according to his specs. I know freq. plays a roll in this too, house hold freq. is 60 Hz. Still yet, I wouldn't think he'd be getting 3 volts output at 120v input.

That's not generally how it works since these are more than just a simple transformer. They have an adaptive input stage (being able to handle large voltage variations) and DC regulation on the output stage.

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
That's not generally how it works since these are more than just a simple transformer. They have an adaptive input stage (being able to handle large voltage variations) and DC regulation on the output stage.

I think I understand this now. Still sounds like he has a bad charger and not outputting the correct voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread