Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC

tonyfalkon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
mars
In my test with regards to 18650 battery life I've used the AW orange 1600MaH rated at 10C continuous discharge and the AW black 2200MaH rated at 4 Amps continuous discharge, my voltage is set to 4.8v, I've had more mileage with the black AW battery not by much though about 3-4 hours average. This is based on 18 hours a day for 2 days usage for 2 weeks and 5ml of juice that is usually gone by the 18th hour. Both batteries perform well on the first 18 hours, on the following day however, and thats without recharging them and using them again the next day, thats when you see which battery performs better in the longer run. But I can see why most people I see with a pro vari using the orange battery versus the black one, one stop shopping why shop somewhere else when you can get it all in one store.

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
TY so much for that progg!! :)
I knew I seen something like that and couldn't go through a lot of reading again.. LOL
Very clear now why the IMR HD Batts..

stubear62 -- Thank You. Your many videos helped me when I first dipped my lungs into the vaping world. I'm glad things are looking up for you. What a wife -- great anniversary present!

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Just rec'd an answer from ProVape to my question "is the TR-001 a safe charger to use with the AW IMR batteries?" and the reply was a definite yes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the TR-001, as budget-priced as it is, is an excellent charger for everything except liPo cells. It charges to 4.2V perfectly everytime, just like the $50 Pila does.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Amen to that, Cuseguy....... if the guys at ProVape say it's OK, then it's fine by me. I have 4 of them now (I like redundancy...lol) and never had a problem with any of them. I will admit that the 18650 is a tight fit, but just takes a little care to get it positioned properly. Always get a consistent 4.1 - 4.2 Volts when coming off charge and I check every time with a factory re-calibrated Fluke 83 series meter. For the price, you can't beat them.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
So got my provari yesterday, charged up the batteries and stuck in one of the 18490s they shipped with it. Took a few puffs (maybe 10) and went to bed. Used it this morning, got MAYBE 4 hours of use (yes, I'm a heavy vaper) and it died just before lunch. @ 5.2v which is around what my Buzz was set at and the Buzz would go at least 8 hours... My ego goes for over a day... something seems wrong to me. Just stuck in the new battery and checked it (using the provari) and it reads 4.1v

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Same issue here. I might get 4-5 hours out of one 18650.. Not even enough for 3ml in a Map Tank. Kind of disappointing, but its ok I'll just order another 18650.. I understand this device is more hi-tech than others, but I still compare it to my other mods, which with the black 18650 AW last me up to 36hours w/o problems.

Actually when the light first started blinking I was like:"No way!".. thought I must've not charged it all the way, but sure thing same last night.. 4-5hours of heavy vaping.. I have two chargers, one UltraFire Smart Charger, and one TrustFire 001.

So I find this section taken from ProVape's website not to be true:

Just for comparison, let’s swap in the 18650 that you can also use with the extension cap. This AW cell is a 1600 mAh.

3 ohm at 4.2 volts = 18.45 hours.
3 ohms at 4.5volts = 17.22 hours
3 ohms at 4.8volts = 16.15 hours
3 ohms at 5.2volts = 14.90 hours
3 ohms at 6.0volts = 12.92 hours
And 3.3volts on this one is 23.49 hours

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Isaac, what is the resistance of the carto/atty reading on your ProVari that you used when getting that poor batt life? Not the rated resistance, but actual metered resistance.

thats another thing I dont get. was using my Map Tank.. the first night w/ a 3.1 ce2... battery lasted 4hours or so.. Then last night I was using new ce2's and they both measured 3.4 on the ProVari.

According to the table from ProVape's website @ 3ohm @ 5.2volts = 14.9hours... Amp that up to 3.4ohm @ 5v= 4hours? ....

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I've got to say it's confusing to me reading this thread. I use the 18490 battery on my Provari and I've never seen the low battery indicator go off. I vape between 3-4ml a day on either a 3.2Ω Map Tank at 4.0v or a 2.3Ω 510 atty at 4.6v. I have the extension cap and 18650's but have never had a need for them. The numbers in this thread just don't match up to what I've experienced on my Provari. Perhaps this is a case of premature low-battery indication as has been mentioned before??

PS. Hey Horton, how the hell are you!

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
I've got to say it's confusing to me reading this thread. I use the 18490 battery on my Provari and I've never seen the low battery indicator go off.

Wow.. you're one lucky man.. The two times I used my ProVari the battery light started blinking.. Keep in mind I even turn the ProVari off when I go do other things...

The numbers in this thread just don't match up to what I've experienced on my Provari. Perhaps this is a case of premature low-battery indication as has been mentioned before??

Well, that could be since I've never actually let the battery die.. I put the 18650 back on the charger and use my other devices. If that's the case then it's still quite annoying to see the light blinking, which supposedly indicates a low battery.

It puzzles me to see the low battery light flash after barely 4hours of vaping. Out of that the actual time using the Provari (firing) is probably 3hours if not less.

I will experiment tonight again with a full charge and see if it's consistent with my earlier sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread