Provari Indecisiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls2erin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
I've been tobacco free for well over 100 days, so I've decided to join the Provari club! I will expect my initiation as soon as I get it. I am having trouble deciding on the full-size vs the mini, as well as what color to get. I really REALLY like the polished stainless steel, but it is out of stock (just my luck). I've been told they sold out very fast. Is it even reasonable to think I will land one when they are in stock again? I like the black one too, so I'm trying to decide if I should wait and hope to get the stainless steel or just go ahead and get the black. It's quite a bit of money and I don't want to regret my decision later. Does anyone here have the polished SS? The Provape site says it scratches easier than the other colors. How easy are we talking? Is the black one matte or shiny? I like shiny. As far as the mini vs full-size, I just like the tear drop design better. I think the full-size is necessary for me though, since I vape a lot and will require the 18650s. Please, help me make a decision! This is the first time in my life I have ever been so indecisive about something!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Here is my Black full size V 2.5 (18490) standing next to my full size Satin full size V 2.5(18650 mode w/extension cap). The black is definitely matte like Steve told you. It is quite pretty. I love the battery life of these, so I have not gotten a mini....yet. But I will. Once you get one, you will eventually get a second, so don't sweat it too much.

IMAG0724_zps4bb54ec1.jpg

ls2erin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Thanks for the replies. The photos are quite helpful, Edd. The satin silver was my 3rd favorite. Is the Tatroe extension polished SS or brushed metal? I watched a video where two of the extensions were put together for 18650 and the standard battery cap was used. That was pretty cool, but might look weird if I get the polished SS Provari and the extensions don't match.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
From what I have read the only issue with the polished ss is that it shows fingerprints. A Lot.

I have a Black mini. It is matt, not shiny. It does show scratches/nicks. But not unless you look at it very very closely. I like the black. It matches my mood.

There are wraps available for both the full size and mini. Some are very shiney :)

I am awaiting my silver extension cap from Provapes, along with 18490 batteries. Those are what Provapes says the mini can use with the extension. The 18650 batts only work on a full size with the extension cap.

Just press order already!!! You wont be sorry no matter which color you choose, cuz ya know, you can't vape a color.

ls2erin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Thanks for the photo Preloader. Haha I wouldn't have noticed your thumb nail if you hadn't pointed that out.

Bernie, you may not be able to vape a color, but for the cost of this thing... I want to make sure I enjoy the look of my investment as much as vaping on it! I did see the wraps on the Provape site and will probably get one whenever I scratch my Provari up. I'm sure it's bound to happen at some point. I imagine the black Provari looks pretty awesome with the Tatroe extensions.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
From what I have read the only issue with the polished ss is that it shows fingerprints. A Lot.

I have a Black mini. It is matt, not shiny. It does show scratches/nicks. But not unless you look at it very very closely. I like the black. It matches my mood.

There are wraps available for both the full size and mini. Some are very shiney :)

I am awaiting my silver extension cap from Provapes, along with 18490 batteries. Those are what Provapes says the mini can use with the extension. The 18650 batts only work on a full size with the extension cap.

Just press order already!!! You wont be sorry no matter which color you choose, cuz ya know, you can't vape a color.

You CAN use the 18650s on the mini if you add a Tatroe tube AND a ProVari extension cap. True story. That's why when people are on the fence about whether to buy the full or the mini, it's generally suggested to go with the mini, because you can have ALL the battery options.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
You CAN use the 18650s on the mini if you add a Tatroe tube AND a ProVari extension cap. True story. That's why when people are on the fence about whether to buy the full or the mini, it's generally suggested to go with the mini, because you can have ALL the battery options.

Yeah. I thought about the Tatroe too. I am pretty happy using the 18350 s I think I will be stunningly happy with the 18490s. Hey I can always get the silver Tatroe latter. But then I would have to get a black extension cap. Ya know. I guess looks do matter :)

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Black mini with Tatroe wide base battery cap (18350 battery).

Tatroe base cap and one Tatroe extender ring (18490 battery).

Tatroe base cap and two Tatroe extender rings (18650 battery).

Tatroe wide base cap and one Tatroe extender ring detail. This pairing will allow the standard or mini to step up one battery size. I now keep the wide base on my mini even when I leave the house. I put the mini into my front pants pocket upside down, with the base facing up. Works for me.

Mini with a 22mm IBTanked pyrex cartotank and a Pro Ring beauty ring.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Black mini with Tatroe wide base battery cap (18350 battery).

Tatroe base cap and one Tatroe extender ring (18490 battery).

Tatroe base cap and two Tatroe extender rings (18650 battery).

Tatroe wide base cap and one Tatroe extender ring detail. This pairing will allow the standard or mini to step up one battery size. I now keep the wide base on my mini even when I leave the house. I put the mini into my front pants pocket upside down, with the base facing up. Works for me.

Mini with a 22mm IBTanked pyrex cartotank and a Pro Ring beauty ring.

Hmmm, you guys got Baditude to bust out his pictures. You must have really twisted his arm. He hates to show those....

ls2erin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Thanks Batitude. Great photos. The Tatroe really does look good with black. Hmmmm.....

legaldisaster, I guess I could match it with my GTO, but I thought the polished SS would look nice with the GTO too. :) Is the red Provari matte or shiny? Looks matte and kind of blah in the Provape photos, but I know they aren't the best representation.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Thanks Batitude. Great photos. The Tatroe really does look good with black. Hmmmm.....

legaldisaster, I guess I could match it with my GTO, but I thought the polished SS would look nice with the GTO too. :) Is the red Provari matte or shiny? Looks matte and kind of blah in the Provape photos, but I know they aren't the best representation.

I just ordered my second mini yesterday, you got it, limited edition cherry red!! I'll let you know in a few days!:blink:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA

It's matte, but it is RED, Bright Vibrant RED. I have seen one! It's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread