Provari LR atomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi all,

For the past year I've been using LR 2ohm attys @ 3.7v on a Roughstack, and love the big hit and vapor plumes.

I just received my Provari today and I noticed the Provape site says not to use LR attys with the Provari and suggest higher resistance. Has anyone had any issues with using LR? I realize I can up the voltage on the Provari to essentially get the same effect on a higher res atty, but was wondering.

Thanks all!

ice

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
You CAN use LR atties on the Provari, but remember that there is an amp limit. You won't be able to adjust the voltage very high.

A 2ohm atty can theoretically go up to 5v, but remember the resistance drops as you are using it, so it will probably be more about 4.5v.

Great thank you! So, do you use LRs? Or stick with the higher res?

I am also trying to get a feel for where everyone's sweet spot averages. I know we all have personal prefs but I am wondering if there is a general consensus among fellow provari users for a voltage range and atty resistance :p Why re-invent the wheel ;)

Thank you,

ice

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I use 3ohm atties and ramp up. Here's the catch. The higher the amp draw, the less battery life you get. A 2ohm atty at 4.2v is 2amps@9watts. A 3ohm atty at 5.2v still gives you the same 9 watts, but is only 1.7amps.

Great thank you! So, do you use LRs? Or stick with the higher res?

I am also trying to get a feel for where everyone's sweet spot averages. I know we all have personal prefs but I am wondering if there is a general consensus among fellow provari users for a voltage range and atty resistance :p Why re-invent the wheel ;)

Thank you,

ice

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have a couple of Joye 510's that are 1.8 ohm and I use them up to 4.2 - 4.4 volts. I only have two of those though and once they die I won't get anymore low resistance ones.

The rest of them are 3.0 ohm 510's. Some are Joye, I also got a couple of Cisco spec but haven't used them yet. I have been using the 3.0 right around 5 volts. If I am vaping Backwoods malty I tend to crank that one up a little and use it at 5.5 - 5.8 depending on the mood and taste buds.

The thing I like the most is being able to control the voltage no matter what atomizer I am using. I tend to fluctuate a lot as far as how much throat hit I am craving. Sometimes I want a strong hit and there are other times when I have been vaping a lot and even a decent throat hit makes me cough so I turn the voltage down.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
I have a couple of Joye 510's that are 1.8 ohm and I use them up to 4.2 - 4.4 volts. I only have two of those though and once they die I won't get anymore low resistance ones.

The rest of them are 3.0 ohm 510's. Some are Joye, I also got a couple of Cisco spec but haven't used them yet. I have been using the 3.0 right around 5 volts. If I am vaping Backwoods malty I tend to crank that one up a little and use it at 5.5 - 5.8 depending on the mood and taste buds.

The thing I like the most is being able to control the voltage no matter what atomizer I am using. I tend to fluctuate a lot as far as how much throat hit I am craving. Sometimes I want a strong hit and there are other times when I have been vaping a lot and even a decent throat hit makes me cough so I turn the voltage down.

Ahhh...the beauty of VV that I shall soon enjoy.

ice

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
I love 306's...but the only ones I had prior to the ProVari were all LR's...which means 3.3-3.5v max on the ProVari. Not a huge deal,....but, this atty is the BEST atty I've tried to date. IKV io6 SR Atomizer 2.5 Nothing like hitting this on a ProVari at ANY voltage. Really amazing at 5.5v!

Attachments

• io62.jpg
    io62.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 32
  • io6.jpg
    io6.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 27

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
I love 306's...but the only ones I had prior to the ProVari were all LR's...which means 3.3-3.5v max on the ProVari. Not a huge deal,....but, this atty is the BEST atty I've tried to date. IKV io6 SR Atomizer 2.5 Nothing like hitting this on a ProVari at ANY voltage. Really amazing at 5.5v!

Zoo, that is good to hear. After reading all the hype about the I06's I ordered a pair of them and a drip tip for them to try the other day.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Zoo, that is good to hear. After reading all the hype about the I06's I ordered a pair of them and a drip tip for them to try the other day.

I am glad to hear that GR! I'm new to the ProVari and all, but I know my way around 306's, lol. Been through ALL of them. Joye's, smoktech's, cisco's, hh357(the runner-up). This atty was made for the ProVari. I just don't like being restricted to use my other LR306's between 3.3-3.5v, but with this 2.5ohm io6....well, you'll see what I mean when you crank it up. The drip-tip has a smaller opening than the cherryvape cannon...but it's stylish and highly functional. Haven't felt any heat on my lips yet, and no leakage.

MrAftrmth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
LosAngeles

Boss, is that the io6 Silhouette Drip tip? im still searching for my dripping set up when im not using tanks.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread