Provari Mini carto question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
I got my first-time-ever Provari yesterday! Should I only be using 3.0/SR cartos in it? Up until now, I've only used Boge 2.0 in both my lowly (yet dependable) eGo and BP vv. I keep getting an Error message when I try to kick the volts above 3.8 or so. I'm thinking it's because of the 2.0 Boge. Thinking that's a no-no???

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
what error message are you getting? 2.0s should be fine. i use 1.7ohm cartos and atties and its fine on my unit. but after i use up my LR stuff, im going with higher ohms on everyhting. ive already started buying some SR stuff. i hear you get better battery power by using higher ohms. even though your volts are higher, somehow it doesnt stress the battery as much. im not sure if this info pertains to the provari, but its a general rule for ecigs and i tend to think it would pertain.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Check the atomizer ohms of the carto. Just because they are labelled as 2ohm, does not necessarily mean that they are. They can be +/- up to like .3ohms.

...somehow it doesnt stress the battery as much. im not sure if this info pertains to the provari, but its a general rule for ecigs and i tend to think it would pertain.
That's true. Battery life is measured in Ah, or basically amps per hour. Higher resistance with a slightly higher voltage produces a lower Amp draw. Less amps drawn means longer overall battery life.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
The reason is the provari is the only mod which gives a true output voltage .Where you may have a BP set at say 4.8v your only actually getting 4.2ish volts to the carto. Set a provari at 4.8 and you get 4.8 out. Error will happen when your beyond the amp limit thus protecting the carto from burning. Also when a carto is semi dry it can change in ohms while firing. So in your case its most likely dropping below 2ohms when you vape it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread