provari or caravela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ulm, Germany
There is NOTHING clumsy about the way these are made.
I think perhaps you don't understand what they are. That is the only thing I can think of when I read this. I find them quite sexy actually, and it has nothing to do with the hands holding them. It has to do with the fine machining and precision the crafters who made them put into them along with their functionality.

Please, see my previous post...
I prefer highly functional, simple and reliable things, like Precise+ from Super-T Manufacturing... And besides, I don't like to clean the contacts on the buttons...

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
My Zmax has a 6 month warranty. I wasn't responding to the OPs request, I was responding to another poster, who I quoted. That's why I quoted him, and I was giving him info.
So here's the link to the video again for him:
A PBusardo Review - Smoktech Z-Max V2 - YouTube
The Zmax is not a "disposable". I was not comparing it to anything else anyway. The Provari is a nice variable voltage mod. The caravela is a beautiful looking mechanical mod. The Zmax is a very good variable wattage mod. They are three different kinds of pv.
I'm not going to generically knock pvs made in China. They have kept me off cigarettes for nearly 8 months and all my pvs that I've had from day one (bar one that I broke through user error) still work fine.

That 6 month warranty is most likely replacement only, not repair. Which means it is disposable was my point. I was trying to bring this thread BACK ON TOPIC, which is: Provari vs. Caravella and why.

The 2 items the OP wants are NOT disposable meaning they CAN be repaired (well, not much to repair on a mechanical is there? LOL).

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
That 6 month warranty is most likely replacement only, not repair. Which means it is disposable was my point. I was trying to bring this thread BACK ON TOPIC, which is: Provari vs. Caravella and why.

The 2 items the OP wants are NOT disposable meaning they CAN be repaired (well, not much to repair on a mechanical is there? LOL).

No vsummer, you weren't bringing this "back on topic". I responded to a poster and you decided to come in and a) put down sarcastically that I responded about, and b) misread my post and advised me the OP hadn't asked about that. I'll post in response to whoever I want to.
You are using the word disposable when it really refers to pvs that don't have the batteries replaced. I don't care if a warranty means replaced and not repaired - I would still get a working pv back. If I even needed to use the warranty.
The Zmax is quite sturdy, and the review I posted contains a lot of data on how accurate it is. I responded to a question about its accuracy. pbusardo's review really takes a good look at the accuracy of the Zmax 2 and it is accurate.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I prefer highly functional, simple and reliable things, like Precise+ from Super-T Manufacturing... And besides, I don't like to clean the contacts on the buttons...

That's nice that you found a unit that you prefer. But that doesn't answer the OP's question, does it? The question is: Provari vs. Caravela and why. Not Provari vs. Caravela and every other mod under the sun and why. It's so difficult to keep these threads on track and I really want to hear what people have to say about those 2 mods just as the OP does.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Some people do like simpler pvs like that. Form factor is different for different people. ;)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The cari, is a work of art hand built and very functional while being nice to look at, much attention to detail and worthy of a collector status type device.
On the other hand, the Provari is mil spec hardware able to take abuse that would render other mods a pile of parts.

just yesterday someone on here dropped one into a cup of coffee and yet after cleaning it functions flawlessly.

the attention to detail, the outstanding warranty and the ability to be sent in for repairs and upgrades (when new rev's come about) is unmatched in this industry, on these forums as well as many other no matter what device comes out or how well they work, there is a reason they ALL get compared to a provari.

eemyaj96

Nov 3, 2012
here
That's nice that you found a unit that you prefer. But that doesn't answer the OP's question, does it? The question is: Provari vs. Caravela and why. Not Provari vs. Caravela and every other mod under the sun and why. It's so difficult to keep these threads on track and I really want to hear what people have to say about those 2 mods just as the OP does.

Just what Im thinking.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Ulmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ulm, Germany

vsummer1, I think I have expressed my opinion, though indirectly... as I said, I prefer functionality, not nice toys … and it means that in this thread, I vote for Provari. It certainly doesn't mean that in other matters my preference is determined only by functionality. Say, a picture of Leonardo is more preferable to me than TV.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Skip it V. You're arguing about the merits and functions of things with people who have very strong opinions about something they've never even personally seen or touched. Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig loves it.

Well I hope that's not referring to me. I haven't argued about either pv, and don't have strong opinions about them. In fact I've spoken well of both of them in this thread.

Last edited:

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
The OP started this thread with the statement that they wanted to buy either a Caravela or a Provari for Christmas. It was his choice to buy a ferrari, so who are you to tell him as a novice he shouldn't buy one? If I had good advice when I started I would have a Caravela and a ProVari and a lot of extra money saved from NOT buying the crap from China. Those 2 PV's are investments in vaping, hold their value if you want to ever sell them, and are 2 of the best out there.

Better start crying. I am going to top my Caravela with any number of clones. In time I will buy a well made RBA, and haven't chosen which one yet. I have been busy buying the PV's to power one and learning if they are for me by buying mesh and wick and practicing on the cheapo ones. It isn't like a clearo where you just screw on a new premade head, there is trial and error learning involved. Maybe I will start a thread like the OP did asking for opinions on which one to buy and why.
Nobody "tells" people what to do around here, it's all advice and up to the thread starter to decide which to follow. So you say people should not buy "crap" from China? Where are your RBA clones made?

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Nobody "tells" people what to do around here, it's all advice and up to the thread starter to decide which to follow. So you say people should not buy "crap" from China? Where are your RBA clones made?
OK, guys. Knock it off. This is bordering on trolling and is unhelpful to the OP and to those like me trying to get a read in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread