Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Btw...if I haven't already said this enough, I'll say it one more time just so people don't get the wrong idea. Whatever PV you vape that makes you happy and keeps you from killing yourself with death sticks is the best PV in the world. The Provari is an awesome PV that's built rock solid and has alot of followers...I'm just not one of them.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Btw...if I haven't already said this enough, I'll say it one more time just so people don't get the wrong idea. Whatever PV you vape that makes you happy and keeps you from killing yourself with death sticks is the best PV in the world. The Provari is an awesome PV that's built rock solid and has alot of followers...I'm just not one of them.

This forum would be pretty dull if we agreed on everything!

trepalium

I'm a Panda
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
hoosiervapers.com
Well this has been beaten to a pulp, but here's my thoughts. It's really boiled down to preference and means. I recommend you try and find a way to get your hands on anything you want to buy if you can. What fits your needs? I personally think the vmax doesn't offer me a better quality product than a provari, but the zmax caught my eye a little. It can be variable wattage which I find intriguing. I am a new provari user and had used lavatube a before that. I like provari due to the sturdiness. It's made out of stainless steel. I think the vmax/zmax is either aluminum or plated brass. Also, provari has been around longer and has had more time to be proven a reliable product.

With that said, if you can't afford a provari or don't want to spend that much, there is no point in telling you how superior it is. You have to make the decision that is right for you. If you want provari like functionality at a lower price, vmax/zmax is an option. I just recommend you read/watch reviews and, if possible, touch one and feel one before you buy.

jimzilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
So. Floriduh
Yes, the ProVari is the highest quality and you will pay for that. And if the price isn't an issue for you, you will be VERY happy.

But as an option, consider the Zmax instead of the Vmax (both from SmokTech). The Zmax is variable wattage and the price has just dropped to $90 at MadVapes (note no affiliation) minus another 10% currently. VW frees you from recalculation of power (watts) to determine the voltage to set to when changing cartos/clearos/tanks.

Variable voltage swept through the industry and is now widely adopted but variable wattage is clearly superior in some respects. ProVari may resist but will probably have to adopt at some point if ProVapes intends to remain a technological leader. I predict we will see a ProVari v3 at some point so is it worth it to wait or hope for a v2 to v3 upgrade? Only you can decide.

Regardless, you will surely get a good vape from a ProVari, a Vmax or a Zmax, so buy whatever best fits your needs and desires.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Yes, the ProVari is the highest quality and you will pay for that. And if the price isn't an issue for you, you will be VERY happy.

But as an option, consider the Zmax instead of the Vmax (both from SmokTech). The Zmax is variable wattage and the price has just dropped to $90 at MadVapes (note no affiliation) minus another 10% currently. VW frees you from recalculation of power (watts) to determine the voltage to set to when changing cartos/clearos/tanks.

Variable voltage swept through the industry and is now widely adopted but variable wattage is clearly superior in some respects. ProVari may resist but will probably have to adopt at some point if ProVapes intends to remain a technological leader. I predict we will see a ProVari v3 at some point so is it worth it to wait or hope for a v2 to v3 upgrade? Only you can decide.

Regardless, you will surely get a good vape from a ProVari, a Vmax or a Zmax, so buy whatever best fits your needs and desires.

in this respect, the provari if/when updated will just be a small fee to upgrade like v1 to v2 was. the V/Z max caught my eye when it cme out and still does, while it may have a few features the provari doesnt at this point, Spending that kind of money I just feel better with the provari warranty and build quality. if the z drops to a resonable price, vs the limited warantee period i would get one to play with for sure. while not broke I sure dont like spending money for something that may quit working in 5 months and I cant fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread