Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I ordered a 2.5 on the 15th. I'm upgrading from an ego twist. I was thinking about the Vamo or Anyvape, but with the Chinese QC issues, especially recently with Kanger/Boge, I decided to spend a little more now for something that will hopefully last awhile.

Ordered it around lunchtime on the 15th, order is still "processing".

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I ordered a 2.5 on the 15th. I'm upgrading from an ego twist. I was thinking about the Vamo or Anyvape, but with the Chinese QC issues, especially recently with Kanger/Boge, I decided to spend a little more now for something that will hopefully last awhile.

Ordered it around lunchtime on the 15th, order is still "processing".

You made a wise choice..... Theres only one Provari...:)

AndAllThingsWillEnd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I ordered last night, Satin with the red LED. Hopefully it ships soon I can't wait, this is my first Provari...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Correction: I ordered at 12:04am on the 17th. I just got the shipping notice, so technically it was ordered and shipped same day. Not bad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
lol, just saw one of the new minis someone got and even the engraving, w/ the big huge letering (looks like a 5 year old kid wrote/carved it) and the teardrops next to thw word mini, just really tasteless imo

looks like i got my last mini just in time, theyre not offering the option of getting the old style instead like they said they would

i mean look...

this
rsz_img_0457_zps1dddc18d.jpg

or this
393B31FB-21A9-4B72-8B47-BF6730CAA3EE-116-0000004ACB4C02C7.jpg

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Its all about their machining machine.
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure making new designs means creating it & then setting the perimeters or uploading the design to the machine before they can go about setting the design into the metal. Which can take time & work... Any machinists want to chime in? I took exploratory machine shop in my 1st year of highschool but I got suspended for turning this kid's machine on and throwing the chuck across the room. Almost killed him. lol. SO I'm not an expert but I do know creating new designs takes a bit of work.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
With some good CAM software it shouldn't take more than about 10min depending on the design. I'm also assuming they are using a 7axis lathe with live tooling to make them, this would keep setup times and operational times minimal making the changes easier.
If they are taking the turned piece then putting it on a 4axis mill to do the design, it gets a bit more complicated getting everything lined up and timed.
The parameters wouldn't be changed, just the basic program would need the additional designs incorporated.
I still like the looks of the old mini better, but seeing the new designs more, they are growing on me.

Nitroturtle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ohio
I still don't understand why they don't just put the threads up closer to the electronics and then sell machined extensions. They could do away with the mini entirely and sell extensions for all available battery sizes with various designs on the extensions. Then again, if they did this people wouldn't have to buy a normal and a mini to have all the size options available.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I still don't understand why they don't just put the threads up closer to the electronics and then sell machined extensions. They could do away with the mini entirely and sell extensions for all available battery sizes with various designs on the extensions. Then again, if they did this people wouldn't have to buy a normal and a mini to have all the size options available.

You hit the nail right on the head..... 2 sizes = more sales.... I dont think they will ever make a genuine Provape extention for the mini...
Its nice to have 2 Provaris anyway, just incase you need a backup :)

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I'm no machinist but i'm not entirely sure, aside from the threads, that the Provari is machined. It looks more like a casting or a MIM (metal injection molding) than it does if it were machined from barstock steel. I could be wrong. The castings would go through a little machining to add the battery cap threads and to shore up tolerances for the press fit top cap.

I also am in agreement with Nitroturtle and Riverboat. One standardized head and then a battery compartment sized for whatever battery size you prefer or a telescopic type for those who switch a lot. I'm not a fan of telescopic types in general but I can see where others might like them.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Well, there kinda already is that, just buy a mini and there are extenstions available from several sifferent vendors which i ofc cannot mention here, that sell them for every available battery size, so buy a mini and you got a choice of 18350,18500, and 18650, same w/ the standard but you dont get the 350 option unless you cut& rethread the tube as some ppl have.

• sent from a janky pos iphone 5 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread