Provari & vivi nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

learman96

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Wayne, PA
I just received my first vivi 2.5 and using it with my provari. I'm vaping the original 2.4 ohm head it came with. I've played around with the voltages and so far 4.0 seems to be the "sweet" spot, anything over that and I get too harsh of a hit. Im vaping a 70/30 pg/vg blend. I guess I have to get used to lower volts on my vari now, prior to the vivi I was using boge 3.0's and vaping around 4.8-5.0 V. I'll have to play with the 2.8 ohm head and see if I can dial it up higher but so far I'm loving the taste and vapor production.
Do u guys trim your wicks at all, and whats the purpose of that? Also, how many fills before u clean the vivi? Should I expect about a month out of each head? I don't plan on rebuilding the wicks myself, I figure if I get close to a month on one, thats good enough for me.

learman96

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Wayne, PA
Vivi Nova on mini provari.jpg Vivi on mini provari

Mezzum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2011
Conroe, Texas
Your setup is my preferred setup, I tossed all my other Carto's, attys etc. I use the Vivi Nova Mini exclusively with my Provari.

Your answers:

Q. Do u guys trim your wicks at all, and whats the purpose of that?

A. Some feel the shorter the wick, the less distance the eliquid needs to travel to the coil and it can save some very small amount eliquid. I haven't had any issues with the long ones.

Q. Also, how many fills before u clean the vivi?

A. For me, and I vape a lot, about every 5 to 7 fills. I am assuming you mean burning the coil.

Q. Should I expect about a month out of each head?

A. Depending on how much you vape, your voltage, etc it varies. I use a 2.4 at 5.5 volts it can last me anywhere from 3 to 7 days. Never had on last longer than 7 days. This is all day Vaping.

Hope this helps.

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
There's really no advantage to getting a higher ohm nova just so you can dial up the volts. The watts are determining the taste.

Unless I missed something, the advantage to using higher resistance is that you use less amps, prolonging the time between charges. The same watts on different resistance is clear.

Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 8.13.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2012-11-10 at 8.12.45 PM.jpg

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
I'm a heavy vaper about 30ml a week. Just got my Vivi Nova and well not extremely impressed myself, I'm getting about 3 days per head. Ordered some new ones because I'm hoping the ones that came with it were bad, they read as follows: 1.8ohm on the provari showed 2.4ohm. The 2.4ohm on the provari read 2.9ohm. The 2.8ohm read at 2.8ohm so I used that one, wasn't happy with throat hit/vapor production, I've expermented with LR/HR attys in the past and didn't like them.

I may try rebuilding my own to see if I can get closer to the 2.2ohm which is what I normally buy, standard Joye 510 2.2ohm and direct drip. I will say this for the Vivi Nova, once you get use to vaping at 3 o'clock so to speak, the taste is fairly close to direct drip. I'm hoping when I get the new 2.4ohm heads I ordered, it will be even closer then the 2.8ohm i've been using. The $2.80 price point on the heads is what got me to try this product.

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
I'm a heavy vaper about 30ml a week. Just got my Vivi Nova and well not extremely impressed myself, I'm getting about 3 days per head. Ordered some new ones because I'm hoping the ones that came with it were bad, they read as follows: 1.8ohm on the provari showed 2.4ohm. The 2.4ohm on the provari read 2.9ohm. The 2.8ohm read at 2.8ohm so I used that one, wasn't happy with throat hit/vapor production, I've expermented with LR/HR attys in the past and didn't like them.

I may try rebuilding my own to see if I can get closer to the 2.2ohm which is what I normally buy, standard Joye 510 2.2ohm and direct drip. I will say this for the Vivi Nova, once you get use to vaping at 3 o'clock so to speak, the taste is fairly close to direct drip. I'm hoping when I get the new 2.4ohm heads I ordered, it will be even closer then the 2.8ohm i've been using. The $2.80 price point on the heads is what got me to try this product.

Ya I tried the vivi for about a week and all the heads that I tried were out to lunch so I went back to the trusty old carto tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread